• This topic has 17 replies, 17 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by core.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cheap dropper posts
  • ruggerbugger
    Free Member

I live in Suffolk so no great need for one until I go on bike trips to Wales, Cannock, Swinley & abroad. Was just wondering what the cheaper options are like for performance & durability.

Thanks

scruff9252

I’ve recently bought an eBay t Mars post. By reputation they should explode and or sieze with immediate use. However it has just got me round a very, very muddy Strathpuffer 24hr bike race with absolutely no issues.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Decathlon seem to be good too by the accounts on here.

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Decathlon seem to be good too by the accounts on here.

My only experience of a dropper is a Decathlon one, and it seems to work ok, no problems so far, touch wood. 🙂

smurfly13
    Free Member

I use a Satori Sorata Pro (same as the RSP Plummet) – very reliable and a great simple setup with remote.

Lots on here about them if you search.

Andy_K

The couple of Giant connect droppers ive used have been pretty good. Just bought a secondhand new one for under a ton.

crashlanding
    Free Member

Nukeproof now do a revised OLKO AIr post for £135 external or £165 internal

only comes in a 31.6mm dia flavour though

sargey

Has anyone got one of the nukeproof internal dropper posts, if so thoughts please.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

XLC (Through Raleigh) do a really decent one. One of my colleagues has the non remote version and it’s very nicely made and has less ‘play’ than a Reverb.

Edit

This one
    http://www.raleigh.co.uk/ProductType/ProductRange/Product/Default.aspx?pc=2&pt=384&pg=9770

I’d have one, put it that way.

ctk
    Free Member

Decathlon not available neither are RSP/Zoom (I think)

rickon
    Free Member

I bought a Giant Contact dropper, one of the new ones, 150mm drop. £150.

Within 5 rides most of the anodising had worn off, and there were gouges in the shaft.

A decent post is worth the money IMO.

iainc

Giant dropper ones get very good reviews and apart from above posters experience, seem to last well.

good warranty as well…

craig24
    Free Member

I used to use the T-Mars dropper before I got a reverb, not bad for the money (£53 delivered) –

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2015-QS-TMARS-619-3Q-REMOTE-30-9mm-DROPPER-POST-3-HEIGHTS-/281435170974?hash=item4186d7e89e:g:gpEAAOSw7NNUJEm~

rob8624
    Free Member

I bought one of these for the Mrs’ bike

http://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/tranzx-remote-seatpost-30.9mm-490733

It’s been fine. Well made and simple cable operation.

ads678

I’ve had a Tmars for a couple of years and it’s been ok. Dead easy to take apart and service/modify. For the money they’re great.

I’ve just bought a Reverb for my other MTB though so will have some real world experience of them both soon. I’m sure (hope) the Reverb will be nicer, but it cost £120 more than the Tmars so it bloody should be!!

adammada
    Free Member

Is there anything out there cheap and cable operated that is sub 30.9mm ant got 150mm travel (or more)?

100mphplus
    Free Member

[/quote]Has anyone got one of the nukeproof internal dropper posts, if so thoughts please

I got one 2 weeks ago for my Ragley, first impressions are that it’s out of the same factory as the KS Integra, looks identical. Had one of those on my last bike and it worked faultlessly for 2 years.

So far works great after a few good winter rides 😉

core

Tranzx from bikediscount, £79, 100mm drop, 27.2mm, 30.9mm and 31.6mm internal or external routing, cable operated, bar mounted remote. A few muddy wet rides in on mine, it’s not missed a beat.

Same price as a reverb service. Limited drop at 100mm I grant you, but fine for what I do (XC/trail centre with more ups/flat than downs).

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cheap dropper posts’ is closed to new replies.