Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheap Disk Brakes
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend some reasonable, but cheap disk brakes please?

They are for a pub bike I’m planning so don’t need to be the best and mechanical will do (it also means I can re-use some old brake levers I’ve got in the garage.

ads678

I bought some cheap clarkes ones from crc for a cheap commuter a year or so ago. They were actually ok. They’re now on my wifes bike. Cost about a tenner an end.

jaylittle
    Free Member

Keep your eye out for some second hand deores. People often take them off bikes before they have even been used and go for around £40.

Suggsey
    Free Member

Another one that bought ckarkes skeletal system £25 an end including pads, discs and mounting hardware! They’re as good as any other cheap brake set and haven’t failed me yet and I’ve got two bikes with them on ( they’re made by Magura and are actually Julie’s).

jonk

here including a rotor

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I’ve got a full set of cable brakes, callipers, levers, the lot. Unused and taken off a new bike. £30 if you’re interested? Might be able to find rotors etc too…
    Email in profile.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

jaylittle – Member
    Keep your eye out for some second hand deores. People often take them off bikes before they have even been used and go for around £40.

This is what I was about to post, I’ve just taken delivery of a new pr at that price, I’ve missed ones that went for £30. does often include postage of about £5. As long as you buy off people who have 100+ transactions and 100% on feedback, then it’s likely going to be a positive experience.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Disk Brakes’ is closed to new replies.