• This topic has 20 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by TiRed.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Cheap deep section road wheels?
  • Kryton57

<£600 a pair – is there such a thing?

Teetosugars
    Free Member
    DT78
    Free Member

You should be able to land some 2nd cosmics for that. Mine are great

munkster
    Free Member

Anyone got any experience of these Zuus things.

OP – they fit your bill if they’re any good, can’t see why they wouldn’t be.

DT78
    Free Member

Or even new ! Not sure if those are the same as my sls though

big_n_daft
    Free Member

Wiggle cosine

njee20
    Free Member

FarSports. Very impressed with my 38mm ones. They do 50 and 60mm in various widths too.

brakes
    Free Member

he said deep.

Far Sports

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Wiggle Cosine carbon 55mm?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Or, I almost forgot, shameless plug for a pair of Syncros RR1.5 46mm deep that I’m selling….. a lot less than £600 too… 😉

mrblobby
    Free Member

Those cosine ones look good. Gigantex rims. Don’t know much about the hubs though.

That or check the classifieds.

njee20
    Free Member

FarSports do do rims too, bought mine via AliExpress and built them myself. Reckon 88s would be a ball ache for every day. I’d stay at or below 60 personally.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Those Zuus look interesting, esp the sale priced 400 quid sets. Spec looks very much like a far East catalogue wheel – Novatec hub, Pillar spokes etc – but you couldn’t get a set of equivalent LBs or Farsports for that money, and you’ve got a UK based warranty rather than rolling the dice with generic Ali express stuff. Basalt braking surface and even have removable logos.

I already have 2 sets of carbon road wheels so not really in the market!

njee20
    Free Member

Agreed. Presume they’re buying en masse from the Far East, but nowt wrong with that, they’re not adding a 200% “European mark up”.

wilburt
    Free Member

Fancy trying some TT’ing this year, what do you think those wiggle (just cos I trust them) 50mm rims would give me on 10 mile?
    Presently 27/28 minutes on a standard road bike.

njee20
    Free Member

A bit. Maybe a big bit.

Impossible to say much more to any degree of accuracy.

cheers_drive

Get a pointy helmet and some tri bars, make sure you’re position is sorted, then wheels

mrblobby
    Free Member

Rough guesstimate based on some internet data…. and assuming reference is some box section wheels… about 20 to 30 seconds.

wilburt
    Free Member

Ta..wheels also look good though 🙂

mr_stru

This is useful on bang for buck with TT equipment:

Biggest Bang For Your Buck In Time Trial Equipment

As cheers_drive says, tri bars and a helmet are a better investment than wheels.

TiRed

what do you think those wiggle (just cos I trust them) 50mm rims would give me on 10 mile?

Less than a skinsuit and used TT helmet!

In order of effect:

bars > clothing > helmet > wheels > frame > … > razor 😉

And lots of people have tried to commercialize chinese carbon rims. Wiggle’s look as good as any to be honest.

I’d look for some used FFWD’s on the TT forum. Always plenty of shiny for sale there, and let’s face it, TT kit is hardly living a tough life, is it?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Cheap deep section road wheels?’ is closed to new replies.