Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cheap decent risers – are there any?
  • slackman99
    Free Member

Got a 2009 Pitch and fancy some new bars for it. Current bars are 660mm wide, 8 deg backsweep and 8 deg upsweep.

I have some CRC vouchers, so am mainly looking at bars from them.

Would like low to mid rise, wider than what i've got currently, and if at all possible in white (although this is the lowest on the pecking order).

What's good and cheap? Saw the EA70, but it's mid rise and black.

Lots of cheaper makes i've never heard of (FireEye, NC17, Spank, PZ Racing, NS Bikes etc).

Should I stick to the well known names, Easton, FSA, Race Face, or are there some cheaper hidden gems?

5lab

fireye and nsbikes are both well respected brands on the dirt jump side of biking. Might find their bars a little on the weighty side (guessing) but the reviews i've seen of the rest of their kit is good

slackman99
    Free Member

Evening all, been looking at CRC again and they have some Azonic Double Wall risers in a massive width (so will probably need cutting down) and one inch rise in white.

Are Azonic bars much cop these days? I remember a good few years ago they were pretty well rated, are they any good these days?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nukeproof Warheads??
    £40ish…

Northwind

Sunline are pretty decent, i've got a V2 somewhere, low rise, 711mm, and £40 new. It's a bit weighty for what it is and not very well finished (lightly anodised) but hard to argue with at the price. Or £25 for the V3.

slackman99
    Free Member

What is a decent weight for bars? I.e. not uber lightweight carbon efforts?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cheap decent risers – are there any?’ is closed to new replies.