Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 394 total)
  • Cheap Charge Plug 5 frames on Ebay
  • Picto
    Free Member

It’s a medium. I am about 5’10” in cycling shoes. I ride a 54cm road bike and it feels right for me.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Heads up for anyone still looking for suitable forks;

Carbon forks

kazafaza
    Free Member

…and here’s an XL Plug with these fitted:

https://goo.gl/photos/m8RKR2xCMo74xXoT8

https://goo.gl/photos/S2bdS5DoeeqRPBUH7

Has anyone noticed that it’s a bit flexy around the BB or am I paranoid and over-sensitive(215 lbs though)? No iffy creaks or cracks that I can see…

monkeyboyjc

Just bought one (last night), it’ll be a mix of carbon Cx and mtb parts should be built in a week or so. Will post pictures when I can.

superjohn71
    Free Member

I am only choosing a bb, skewers and narrow wide chainring away from having all my bits. Oh, and tyres. And bar tape. Cables. Getting the cranks re-anodized in a different colour. Perhaps a different stem.

It’s turning into one of them sort of builds, lol. I hope it’s worth it!

monkeyboyjc

Mines pretty much there… Just need to put the chain on andd fettle the gears / brakes.
    I’ve shaved and resprayed the torture gearmounts as I’ve a pet hate for top of the top tube routed cables – I’m not running a front mech so the rear gear cable is tape to the brake cable.

Spec is:
    Chris king headset
    Carbon fork
    Helix stem
    Love mud bars
    Cannondale save carbon seatpost
    Sram bartape
    Cane-creek levers
    Trp spyres
    Wtb volt saddle
    38mm carbon clinches
    Deore chainset running a 40t hope ring
    Deore shadow plus rear mech
    SLX shifter with customised mount to run it on the drop bars.

I’ll try to get pictures up tomorrow.

monkeyboyjc

Just finished building it up so here are a couple ‘in the untidy she’d photos :

Saddle will be swapped for a Fabric Alm.
    Weight is a smidgen under 23lbs.

coomber
    Free Member

Looks really tidy.

monkeyboyjc

Thanks – shaving off the toptube cable stops really helps clean up the look. But I really did it to stop the toptube getting scratched up by the open cables.

coomber
    Free Member

I just use the donut things. Does same job. But yours looks better than mine.

inbred853

@eviljoe, sent you an email, I have a XS frame sitting around if your interested.

Andy

I have an XL frame, forks and a load of parts sat in the loft that i dont think i will build up now if anyone interested. PM me please.

monkeyboyjc

First ride today – great little bike.
    I can’t feel my toes now.

maxlite
    Free Member

Love the build…out on mine tomorrow, will probably have similar conditions 🙂

dynebaruk
    Free Member

Anyone got a medium they’re looking to shift?

demizen
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a frame from ebay and now looking for a suitable fork – preferably carbon. It seems like all the stores recommended thus far in the thread are out of stock. Any other recommendations? Ideally I would like to spend less than £200.

Cheers

superjohn71
    Free Member

CRC website says they are expecting that lynksy one back in stock 1st march if you can wait that long; but I can’t find the Kenesis one anywhere.

monkeyboyjc

Are you willing to do the China thing?
    aliexpress

demizen
    Free Member

I managed to find a Surly Disc Trucker fork (also out of stock everywhere) to see me through the next month or two.

Paul Milnes’ has Genesis CdF forks in at the end of March, I’m quite tempted to get one of those. Also by this https://www.bike-discount.de/en/buy/radon-carbonfork-1-1-8-for-disc-83031 Any opinions?

Monkey boy – I’ve never done the China thing but would consider it. Seems like a bit of minefield finding the right supplier, decent quality, import taxes etc. Is that the same fork as you have on your bike? If so, it looks the part!

cp

Are you willing to do the China thing?
    aliexpress

FWIW I’ve got the 470mm tapered steerer version of that fork on my 29er and it’s brilliant.

Looks great in matt UD

wzzzz
    Free Member

https://www.evanscycles.com/pinnacle-lithium-5-womens-2016-fork-EV250549?esvt=1028-GOUKE1561398&esvq=&esvadt=999999-0-836698-1&esvcrea=100162117616&esvplace=&esvd=c&esvo=EV250549-NA-AQUA&esvaid=50080&gclid=CNyNyKXJ7tECFQg6GwodzwMMyw

Ignore “womens”, thats just the colour. Which is matt and I think would look great on the front of a matt black frame.

420mm with a 53 offset would slacken the plug slightly and reduce toe overlap nicely. Would give a trail figure to suit front loading too (bar bag/rack)

cp

that looks like a good option actually. 410mm according to the qa section – that would work just fine on the plug.

atlaz
    Free Member

I stripped mine to build up a CAAD. This thread is making me look at “cheap” groupsets to rebuild it. Naughty people.

JPR
    Free Member

Yep, I asked that q, but ended up sticking my pompetamine fork on mine instead.

I love mine, but I think it’s a bit over geared – 39/53 and 11-28 and a short cage mech. Any cunning plans for widening it cheaply? I’d almost consider 1x.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

coomber – Member
    Frankenstein hope your Dad recovers quick.

Thanks Coomber. Sorry for the late reply.

He’s ok now but British Cycling legal cover is trying to claim off Stevie Wonder for the fork and frame.

I can get the frame but not the fork.

cookeaa

I love mine, but I think it’s a bit over geared – 39/53 and 11-28 and a short cage mech. Any cunning plans for widening it cheaply? I’d almost consider 1x.

Assuming it’s a 130BCD crank you could fit 50/38 rings and depending on the rear mech a 11-30 or 11-32 cassette might also be an option…

demizen
    Free Member

I put a Disc Trucker fork on my frame in the end. I’m surprised by how fun it is off road on hard pack, toe paths etc, it reminds me a little of my first MTB in the 90s. But to be honest, it’s a bit dull on road. I had a Specialized Diverge before and that was much more of a lively ride. This bike feels a lot more solid for better and worse. Still, it was a cheapish built at around £500. Maybe I will grow to love it, we shall see!

superstu
    Free Member

That looks very nice demizen

IHN

Slight thread resurrection, I’m tempted by one of these, along with, probably, a Dawes Galaxy fork.

What’s the sizing like on the L/XL frames? I’m 6’1″, 33″ inside leg, feel like I’m stuck right between the sizes. My proper road bike has an effective TT of 570mm, the L Plug has 560 and the XL is 574 (and they don’t have any in stock anyway). I’m guessing that for winter/commuter/light-touring duties I don’t want something quite as long and low as my roadie, so to go for the L?

monkeyboyjc

I’d go for the large and get a longer stem to make up any remaining reach you want/need.

If your going to use it off road/gravel/Cx, then you maybe better off with a shorter reach than your regular road bike anyway.

I’m 5’10” which puts me in the middle of the medium / large sizing. I went with the medium and glad I did as I’m running a sortish 90mm stem and can only just fit the Cannondale save seatpost I wanted to fit.

fifeandy
    Free Member

so to go for the L?

I’m 5’9″ and find the reach on the medium quite long (not in a bad way though). I can imagine a med fitting riders up to 6’0″ quite easily, so i’d definitely be thinking the L for you.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Did anyone get their bb shell faced before building theirs? I am finally ready to start my build and am wondering if I really need to havev this done.

coomber
    Free Member

I didn’t and had no issues (facing the BB).

Re sizing above. I have xl and I’ve a 34″ inseam. I don’t think it’s that long.

If you are near Devon IHN welcome to take mine for a spin for size.

davidh872
    Free Member

I’ve had a Filter since 2012 and it’s been great for everything from the Lakeland Monster miles to daily commutes. Two sets of wheels with road and gravel tyres on. I think the frame sizes come up quite big and have just changed from the small frame to the Plug 5 in xs. Ive had to file off the mudguard bosses on the rear bridges to get 40mm tyres in and it is tight. I found Triton cycles selling The Light Blue Darwin forks for £100. They’re a bit longer at 420mm, but you can choose 45 or 50mm rake. Also have loads of rack and mudguard attachments. I went for the 50 to give more toe clearance. I can’t wait to give it a test.

joshvegas
    Free Member

Converted a deraileur pully (shimano 600) on a cirdless drill with a stanley blade and a dental pick.

Converted to 40c capacity using a countersink and file. Still threaded for mudguard and slightly smaller tyre.

superjohn71
    Free Member

Just treated my frame with boiled linseed oil, so a few days to dry and my build can finally begin!

joshvegas
    Free Member

Done!

Bars dropped a bit and tubelessed up.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Nice forks!

AndrewDeKerf
    Free Member

I have a set of Tange Infinity Soma disc cross forks for sale which match the A-C of the original Plug forks, 395mm. Steerer still very long! I think they’re the fork that was fitted as OE on the US version of this bike. Black but not matte. Let me know if interested

jakd95
    Free Member

Just about to click buy on one of these frames to replace my ageing and knackered Dawes commuter.

Any idea what headset I need? What diameter is the inside of the headtube?

Struggling to find any detailed specs for the frame. Ta.

Edit: Hmm, is it EC34 top and EC34/30 bottom? Confirmation of this would be great!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 394 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Charge Plug 5 frames on Ebay’ is closed to new replies.