Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Cheap car tyre deals, anyone?
  • wolfenstein
    Free Member

Anyone bought car tyres lately? Any good deals?

Looking for 205 55 R16 .. Cheers

Harry_the_Spider

Event Tyres are good if you are in the North West.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Got a price for the tyres I wanted off camskil. Told my local tyre fitter what I could get them for and he added 15 a corner to fit. So 30 quid more than the cheapest web price.

JohnnyPanic

If you’re a member Costco are good value. About £80 a corner for Michelin energy savers. Other brands available.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I had a couple of goodyear efficient grips fitted not long ago at about £75/each, according to the EU labeling gumph they’ll pay for themselves over the cheeper brands over a normal tyre life, quieter, better wet braking and anecdotally last longer too, so win/win/win/win!

Gribs

Event tyres are good to deal with and the mobile fitting is great if you’re in an area they cover. I’ve used Blackcircles too when needing a specific tyre away from home. Camskill are good to but you’ll need to fin somewhere to fit the tyres.

Tyre wise in the past I would have got Goodyear F1’s but they don’t seem to be available now. I used Verdsetien tyres in that size on a Mondeo and they were fine but I’d probably look at Conti Sport Contacts now.

Offroading
    Free Member

I sell tyres all day at work.

In that size the ONLY tyre worth considering IMO is the Goodyear Efficient Grip performance or the Dunlop Blue response.

Both have been winning all the awards all year. Both will cover the additional cost through the fuel saving on them.

If you happen to have a HIQ near head there, £75 a tyre with £10 off for two or £20 off for four.

ragleybaggerrider
    Free Member

You can get tyres from tesco, i’ll be ordering yokohama blue earth for 41.99 each plus 10 delivery, it was the cheapest place I found for a decent tyre.

ragleybaggerrider
    Free Member

oops… -thats for 195 65 15 tyres.

jambalaya
    Free Member

As above I’ve used blackcircle – they are an online company but fitting is done via various local companies.

If you’re south-ish other personal favourites are micheldever tyres plus another small outfit in Bisley just off M3

MrOvershoot

Offroading – Member

I sell tyres all day at work.

In that size the ONLY tyre worth considering IMO is the Goodyear Efficient Grip performance or the Dunlop Blue response.

Both have been winning all the awards all year. Both will cover the additional cost through the fuel saving on them.

If you happen to have a HIQ near head there, £75 a tyre with £10 off for two or £20 off for four.
    Good info for me as I’m in the market for a full set of exactly the same as the OP, been using Yokohama C Drive2 for the last 18 months, pretty pleased but the data on grip/fuel economy/noise on those Goodyear’s is way better

properbikeco
    Free Member

thats probably the most common size you can get

try camskill.co.uk

wolfenstein
    Free Member

Cheers all, will have a look for all those suggested… Use mytyres.co.uk before for barum bravuris2 for £50 each.

felt
    Free Member

Just ordered 4 new tyres from Asda.

matt_outandabout

Meh, I just had a disagreement with a garage in Stirling that tried charging more for tyres on a Yaris than my Touran…Their suggestion was that since it was (the start) of September, by some miracle winter tyres double in price at the manufacturers…..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

These are cheap and come with free wheels

Make me an offer and collect from Southampton

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Try tyre shopper.co.uk.

My tyres are almost £30 less off them than Kwik a Fit on line price etc. same tyre, Dunlop Sport.

Fitted by National tyres.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Try tyre shopper.co.uk.

My tyres are almost £30 less off them than Kwik a Fit on line price etc. same tyre, Dunlop Sport.

Fitted by National tyres.

andyl
    Free Member

matt_outandabout – Member
    Meh, I just had a disagreement with a garage in Stirling that tried charging more for tyres on a Yaris than my Touran…Their suggestion was that since it was (the start) of September, by some miracle winter tyres double in price at the manufacturers…..

Tyre prices fluctuate across europe like a rubber stock exchange, especially winter tyrees in autumn/winter when demand soars as people realise their old tyres are knackered and supply gets low.

A few years back I was meaning to buy some Nokians all year at £64 a tyre. As we got into winter the price went up to £88 and then they went out of stock (My Tyres prices and stock). I just happened to check the stock one day and they were back in at £50 a corner so I ordered quickly. The next day back out of stock and a day later back in at >£100 each.

My Tyres send their tyres from Europe and their pricing is dictated by the market there and with a lot of small tyre places using them or ones with their own supply routes being subject to the same market I would not be surprised by tyres jumping up in prices.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Cheap car tyre deals, anyone?’ is closed to new replies.