Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Cheap Car Insurance for first time driver
  • jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

My mrs is going to be a new driver soon, when I’ve done an insurance quote I’ve put myself as the main driver on her fiat 500 and her as second driver and the quotes are really cheap, is this right? Or does she have to be the main driver?

one_happy_hippy
    Free Member

If it’s her car and she will be the principle driver of the vehicle then putting yourself as the main driver is called fronting and is an offender and may invalidate your insurance in the event of an accident it’s likely the insurance will not pay out.

I think moneysupermarket estimated the average cost for first time insurance is approx £1200.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

What does principle driver mean? I’ll probably drive it more than her, and pay for it too.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    thegreatape
    Free Member

Main driver = one who drives it most. We’ve got two cars, both use both of them. I’m the main driver on each as my commute is further.

Aren’t the policies with telemetry/black boxes cheaper for new drivers?

project
    Free Member

car insurance is going up for everyone due to frauds(fronting etc) and high cost of repairs and injuries, and new drivers have more crashes they say, if you want to drive it appears we all have to pay higher premiums.

bruneep

and they are a bit shit if you work out with the 9-5 the insurance co think everyone works. Son started/finished work early/late said he’d be penalised for using car during those times.

breadcrumb

She’s not likely to earn any no claims if she’s a second driver meaning it will always be higher costs for her.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cheap Car Insurance for first time driver’ is closed to new replies.