• This topic has 15 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by DezB.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • cheap car insurance?
  • sparkyrhino

just bought a cheap bike lugging Volvo, and am looking for cheap insurance,i dont like using comparison sites a big pain in the arse.the cheapest i have found is £350 3rd party f&t or £380 fully comp,i have 9years nc,am over 40 years old,have kept the milage under 5000 and social only,and value of car is £1100,quotes seem steep to me,anyone got any recomendations?
    cheers.

Jamie
    Free Member
    highclimber
    Free Member

Depends on too many things for an internet forum to give you a figure.

fakesounding
    Free Member

I use ecarinsurance. They were the cheapest by far for my car: 02 Picasso, 8 years NCB, 36 y/o=£210 for tpft

nealglover
    Free Member

,i dont like using comparison sites a big pain in the arse

Yeah, much easier to contact every company individually, give them the same details over and over again, make notes of everything, compare all the differences between each policy, make allowances for differences in price by taking into account differences in cover etc, then ask a load of people online to recommend some more companies randomly not knowing your circumstances, then ring a few more companies and do the same thing all over again.

This comparison sites will never catch on.

Too much hassle.

njee20
    Free Member

^^^ this

You could’ve done Confused, Money Supermarket and Compare the Market in the time it took to write that post.

Jamie
    Free Member

Yeah, but then he would have been splashing around in the filth with us proles 8)

sparkyrhino

i have sorted it ,the compare sites are a pain,there are more smaller companys that probally dont subscibe to them where prices are cheaper.just saved £160 from the cheapest quote on comparison sites with a smaller company 😀
    cheers all

coopersport1
    Free Member

I went back to Aviva after a long time with others, 3F&T on my ’98 Golf GTi is £280 with a claim 18months ago, mid 30’s long NCB, 12k a year

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’ve just ensured mine and my wife’s car via Quidco. I’m 38 with 9+ year NCB on each and are paying £114 – £24 cashback for the wife’s 2006 Toyota Aygo and £204 – £22 cashback for my 2007 Mercedes C220. Both fully comp. Couldn’t believe how cheap it was.

nealglover
    Free Member

i have sorted it ,the compare sites are a pain,there are more smaller companys that probally dont subscibe to them where prices are cheaper.just saved £160 from the cheapest quote on comparison sites with a smaller company
    cheers all

You wouldn’t have known how much you have saved, or if you had paid too much, without the comparison site though would you.

You would have had to submit your details individually to 150 odd different companies.

But I’m sure that’s “less hassle” than using a comparison site, then making a few calls to companies that aren’t on them to complete the search 😐

sparkyrhino

all right I’M A TECHNOPHOBE there i’ve admitted it happy now. 😳

properbikeco
    Free Member

I found low miles makes no difference to quote, so always say under 10 000 now

wrightyson
    Free Member

Just reinsured fully fledged impreza parked on the drive for 350 fully comp with same size hire car, legal protection etc. Direct line, no one else comes close.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Check the excesses by the way, they can dramatically change a quote.

DezB
    Free Member

I used comparison sites and AA Insurance came up easily the best for mine and my wife’s insurance. Try them?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘cheap car insurance?’ is closed to new replies.