Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • cheap campsites Southampton/Portsmouth
  • humanbean
    Free Member

Does anyone know of any any budget campsites preferably not caravan club, in the Southampton or Portsmouth area. I’m looking to camp while i work down there for a few weeks. Cheers!

chojin
    Free Member

I hear the millbrook estate is nice this time of the year…

chojin
    Free Member

Or on a more serious note, there are plenty in the new forest to choose from? The closest being in ashurst..

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

If you want to meet for a ride while you are down here let me know, you can store your bike securely in my garage if you want.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

Sorry for the hi-jack BUT WCA. do you fancy a ride in 2 weeks time? 13th onwards. i only have a few weeks left in the army (marchwood) and still havent been out on the trails.

Sorry again thanks shaun.

humanbean
    Free Member

wca – sounds good where doo you go???

superfli
    Free Member

The Travellers Rest pub in Newtown (just outside Portsmouth, between Wickham+Denmead) has a little campsite. We stayed there last year to test out our new tent with nipper. Its got a decent pub that does food and has a sh*tter, not a lot else around. Nice and quiet. Also close to me if you want to get out onto some local trails.

humanbean
    Free Member

thanks superfli – looks perfect – will let you know when i’m going. 😀

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

I tend to ride around Lordswood as I live about 300 metres from it and it is close to the General Hospital. I know a few bits around the NF but not enough to really make a ride, the newForce boys (40mpg etc) are best for that.

I can see about organising a ride in a couple of weekends time I guess. i am heading down to Bristol this Saturday and am doing Mountain Mayhem at some point in June but other than that I am fairly free.

humanbean
    Free Member

thanks superfli – just got back from a last minute shout to work in Pompey HMNB stayed at Travellers for 4 nights – £2.50 a night!!!!!! couldn’t believe it – bring bike next time 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘cheap campsites Southampton/Portsmouth’ is closed to new replies.