Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Cheap cameras from Hong Kong?
  • larry

Evening all, last year I bought a camera from a company in Hong Kong which was recommended on here, think they are a bit like crc in the camera world. My brother wants to buy a new camera but for the life of me I can’t remember what they were called. Can any one help? Cheers.

peteimpreza

One Stop Digital?

cloudnine
    Free Member
    PeterPoddy
    Free Member

One Stop Digital are ace. I’ve had 3 lenses and a Canon 650d from them. Not always quite the cheapest for cameras but the service is astonishingly fast.

larry

One stop digital is the one! Cheers you are stars, a happy brother he will be. 😀

ski
    Free Member

Hong Kong is not necessarily the cheapest place to buy anymore, but One Stop is good.

Last time I was in Hong Kong this year, a local camera shop was selling Billingham bags for £400, that were £250 over here!

The store could not get enough of them apparently, loads of Union Jack based merchandise about, did wonder if the Olympics had triggered and interest in British products?

😉

plumslikerocks
    Free Member

never compared with HK, but I’ve seen some cracking deals at Vennal Cameras EBay store. And being UK-based, their delivery is very quick:

EBay

lodious
    Free Member

Might have been Panamoz, but they have effectively stopped trading at the moment (they have deliberately priced themselves out of the market).

creamegg
    Free Member

HDEW cameras are worth a look. Based in UK but sell imports. Prices were about the same (and cheaper sometimes) as DigitalRev. Bought my camera gear from them

dashed
    Free Member

Anyone any experience of warranty issues with One Stop etc? Looking at an EOS 6D at the minute and UK price is £1500, but £1150 from Hong Kong etc – £350 is a massive saving but I imagine if anything goes wrong then a non-UK warranty is a royal pain in the ass?

dannybgoode

Bear in mind you may well get stung for import duties and if its delivered by Parcel Farce their £20 odd admin fee.

Digital Rev have a UK outlet which is a lot less headache and still reasonably priced.

Cheers

Danny B

dannybgoode

Bear in mind you may well get stung for import duties and if its delivered by Parcel Farce their £20 odd admin fee.

Digital Rev have a UK outlet which is a lot less headache and still reasonably priced.

Cheers

Danny B

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

OSD pay any import duty you incur, guess they just average it out over however many get through without being charged.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Cheap cameras from Hong Kong?’ is closed to new replies.