Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cheap but powerfull helmet light
  • astura
    Free Member

I have a decentish main light for bars but really could do with a decent helmet light however i want one that has no wires so runs on batteries. Can anyone recommend a decent cheap light?

Northwind

Torches, basically. But have you tried a cabled light? Some people hate em but for me it’s no bother at all and it makes for a light load on the helmet and a lot more bang for your buck

joebristol

Torches if you don’t want loads of wires, unless you get one that has a separate battery pack that is quite light threat can also go on your helmet.

Cheap is your issue here really – I’ve been using a brite-r selector on my helmet which was only £15 delivered – the battery has also been on my helmet. It’s a bit heavy though.

I’ve got a Torchy light that I bought for my commuter called a Soshine which is a torch that has about 500 lumens and cost £20. I picked up a cheap helmet mount for a torch so I’m going to give that a try next time intide to see how it compares to the selector. It’ll certainly be lighter on the helmet and it’s a whiter light. Not sure the battery will last as long though / will have to see how stable it is on the helmet.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cheap but powerfull helmet light’ is closed to new replies.