Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • cheap but good frame for hack bike?
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Wanted a bike poss for down the town – low risk of getting knicked. Got a fair few old bits I can put on but just need a very cheap maybe steel frame to put it on. I sold my old Kinesis XC2 frame as I think that would have attracted too much attention?

Edit —- Oh god I know – I gave my neighbour my old 2008 Rockhopper – I could use that – duh 🙂

epicsteve
    Free Member

Inbred.

wwaswas

I've got a medium geared Inbred frame – £70 posted? used but not abused. adjusted for 80/100mm forks – it's the last of the 'smaller top tube' ones.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Cheers guys – sorry for wasting ya time – I'll try and nick my neighbours old frame but if not I'll be back 🙂

MrTall
    Free Member

If it's just for 'down the town' does it really matter?

Any frame would do, just get the cheapest one you can off ebay and stick some bits on it.

My 'shops' bike is my old Merlin frame that was £50 new but i have put discs on it when there is no need. V brake is more than sufficient and attracts less attention from thieves.

_tom_
    Free Member

If you've got short legs I have a DMR Trailstar frame you can have for £25 posted 🙂 Small crack at the head tube but it hasn't got any bigger in the 4 or so years it was ridden for, and it was jumped and generally abused! I'd still use it for a cheap horrible looking commuter (in fact I might if no one buys it)!

foxyrider
    Free Member

Oh my point exactly Mr Trail 🙂 – No I'll try using my old donated Rockhopper frame 🙂 – please feel free to use my thread to sell ya old frame though 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘cheap but good frame for hack bike?’ is closed to new replies.