Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cheap but effective helmet light – ideas appreciated
  • Grapefruit
    Free Member

Title pretty much sums it up. I’m in the business of losing a few unwanted lbs. Wanted to keep up the evening rides and give some proper night riding a go in the dark months in addition to the 10 mile commute. I remember there was a thread a while back (can’t find it now) linking to a shockingly good deal from china. Anyone know where I can find it or do you have any other ideas at the cheaper end of the spectrum? Does compatability with the handlebar light matter (Running a nukeproof reactor)? Thanks!

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Aldi had some 3w torches which are £9.99 maybe worth searching one down

if not someone will be along with a Deal Extreme link I am sure

Grapefruit
    Free Member

Thanks chaps.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

£10 TESCO torch and a few zip ties work well IMHO…

🙂

dawson

they have Energizer head torches in my local Tesco for £5 (including 3x AAA) instead of a tenner

When my Magicshine bike light arrives, I will be experimenting with the head torch – if its no good, it will still be useful to have in my pack

Danno72
    Free Member

Has anyone used the ones from the ebay link? They look pretty good for the money. Just wondering how much burn time you get with them?

Danno72
    Free Member

Just had a look at the dual extreme link and they look really good…..any experiences?

singletrackmind

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/budget-p7-helmet-light
    P7 emitter way to go unless you are doing overnight racing
    Totally outshines Tesco torches, Hope 1 , Ay Up

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cheap but effective helmet light – ideas appreciated’ is closed to new replies.