Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cheap but decent Bike computer recommendations please
  • ads678

I’ve got a super cheap bike computer on my road bike but want something that I can trust a bit more and can easily navigate whilst riding.

I just have mine showing a clock and current speed at the moment but i’d like to be able to flick between average speed, top speed and distance easily. A decent sized screen would be good and i’d like to fix it to my stem as well.

Budget less than £50, probably more like £20-£30 if poss.

Any thoughts appreciated.

ads678

Aah come on, there’s more responses on the paper shredder recommendation thread than on this!!

TiRed

Used Garmin 200 for £50.

hooli

I guess at that budget it wont be GPS unless you look at something 2nd hand on ebay.

I have a Cateye Strada on the road bike, wireless and very accurate once properly set up. I paid about £25

stoffel
    Free Member

Aldi/Lidl for about £3.99. All my failed Cateye/Sigma/etc bike computers have been replaced with these, and they are perfect. Battery life is fantastic, lasts 2 years easily with daily use. There is no reason to spend any more.

Junkyard
    Free Member

second hand GPS then at that price point

jimw
    Free Member

I have had a VDO digital wireless computer for years and it has been faultless and accurate once correct rolling circumference added. The current equivalent is about £50

kedmun
    Free Member

Aldi/Lidl for about £3.99. All my failed Cateye/Sigma/etc bike computers have been replaced with these, and they are perfect. Battery life is fantastic, lasts 2 years easily with daily use. There is no reason to spend any more.

I have an Aldi ‘Bikemate’ computer that is surprisingly good. Not wireless so maybe not up your street, but worth a try for a fiver!

keng38
    Free Member

Bikehut wireless 13 function from halfords.
    Cost £20 lots of functions.

schmiken

I have an Edge 200 for sale for £40, email in profile.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

a few of the cycle mags were doing the strada wireless free with a ~30 quid subscription recently.

ads678

The one I have at the minute is like the aldi lidl ones and I find it a bit fiddly and not really that user friendly. Will check some of the other suggestions though. Cheers.

Northwind

Mine is a cheapo Edinburgh Bicycle one, it replaced an expensive Cateye one where they’d put all the effort into make it pretty and compact, and made it a total pain to use.

lee170
    Free Member

If you search about you can probs get a cateye strada wireless within your budget, I’ve been running one for years on my commuter and it’s ace, only downside is that it doesn’t have a backlight for winter/dark mornings and nights.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cheap but decent Bike computer recommendations please’ is closed to new replies.