Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Cheap brand-less frames
  • Whats happened to the brand-less, or rebranded frames you used to be able to buy for a pittance? There used to be loads of companies like brand x, dirty jo, handsome dog etc. I cant seem to find anything. Im just looking for a small frame i can build with 24inch wheels for trials and a little but of jumping, mess around bike. Any ideas?

deviant
    Free Member

Ebay, Alibaba etc etc

Plenty of that kind of stuff on there still.

They seem to be less popular now due to brand snobbery in cycling, i.e if it isnt a 10k Colnago you are some sort of pauper or people trying to justify their over priced Trek by prattling on about the lifetime warranty etc etc…

globalti
    Free Member

Plenty of LBSs are buying open-mould frames from China and Taiwan and branding them up; I recently test-rode a road bike built up on one of these with Campagnolo Chorus components – a nice lightweight build but my heels kept striking the chainstays and when I mentioned it to the seller he told me I must have my cleats set up wrongly! When I jumped back on my Roubaix to ride it home I realised how much better it rode and handled than the no-name frame.

PiknMix
    Free Member

Get a second hand Identiti Dr Jekyll, 13″ frame takes 24″ or 26″ wheels and can be had for next to nothing used.

jaylittle
    Free Member

i bought a frame from allterrain a few years back to pit me on, think it was the handsomedog xc01. £55 new! think they still do them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Cheap brand-less frames’ is closed to new replies.