• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cp.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cheap brake pads (where to get?)
  • dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

I’ve been told that there’s a few online vendors selling disk pads at much cheapness.

Any links anyone?

Ta

uplink
    Free Member
    _tom_
    Free Member

Superstar 4 pad discount is hard to beat. Great pads that seem to last ages. About £23 for 4 sets I believe.

CheesybeanZ

used these for the last 3 years with no problems
    http://www.discobrakes.com/

ftr1873
    Free Member

Just trialling some pads from Uberbikecomponents, so far so good.

nbt

I asked discobrakes if they could offer “mix and match” sets on multi-buys (e.g. 2* avid & 2 * hope) but they removed my question from their forum and sent me an email to say no, which struck me as odd – surely I can’t be the only person to ask, why not just answer on the forum? ANyway, that’s what led me to go back to superstar

I’ve had a few sets of superstar pads, the owner has been a bit of a nobber at times (in relation to warranty claims and other things) from what I hear, but the pads are great.

brakes
    Free Member

superstar are hard to beat
    organic are very good but don’t last that long, but at the price they are still good value
    sintered are noisier than a bag of angry cats being force-fed helium through their posteriors – but that might just be my setup
    also, the metal plate seems to be a bit thicker than normal so they need a bit of persuasion (hammering) to get then in – Avid codes
    I’ll be trying the kevlar ones next which are supposed to give the best mix

dingabell
    Free Member

I used to buy Superstar brake pads, but must have had at least four pairs where the pad has separated from the backing metal. It wasn’t just me either. Two other guys in the group had the same problem. I now use Disco pads and have had no trouble whatsoever.

erny
    Free Member

Never had a problem with the superstar pads,all of my mates use them with no problems.They are doing good deals on the 4 pad set discount on now

grtdkad

Superstar Kevlar in my XTRs

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

Thanks all

Good stuff!

PJM1974
    Free Member

I like the look of Discobrakes… *adds to bookmarks*

cp

my 4 pairs of discobrakes sintered are appalling – noisy, very wooden feeling and relatively low braking effect.

I took them out only part worn and went back to superstar – happy days again!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cheap brake pads (where to get?)’ is closed to new replies.