Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheap brake pads on ebay. Are they any good ?
  • Sintered pads for Hope mono Mini for £4.45 plus postage.

That’s about 1/3 the price of genuine hope pads or half the price of Brake Authority/Nukeproof/Superstar and cheaper than Clarkes.

Anyone used them ?
    At that price it’s worth taking a chance, unless everyone says No.
    Or, if everyone says Yes, it’s worth buying a few pairs to save on postage.

These are even cheaper, about £4.20 a pair including postage.

Any good ?

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

I use the wessex ones and are actually pretty good. Will buy more when I need them. Using them in Hopes, Avids and Shimanos.

Rockape
    Free Member

Have you tried superstar. http://superstar.tibolts.co.uk/product_info.php?cPath=21&products_id=135&osCsid=b2gqaa5k8sbg27qpppt5q42ug4 I’ve got them in my shimano brakes and they’ve been good cheep deal if you buy four sets. 🙂

nigelb001
    Free Member

Got to be honest, why skimp on unknown quality. Obviously I haven’t tried them so can’t really help. I’ts a bit like people who buy cheap inks for their nice photo printers and wonder why their pictures look crap.

Made from hardened metallic ingredience and bound together with pressure and tempurature.

Long wear pads – used for HD, XC

Doesn’t inspire confidence in me as I don’t do HD racing.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Here we go again. 😆

davosaurusrex

I’ve gone down the cheap pad route before, every one separated from the backing, last lot on a steep bit which resulted in a trip over the bars, lucky not to collect a tree at a decent speed. Binned the remainders after that. Other brands may vary (I had Imperial) but false economy IMO

…why skimp on unknown quality…

I was hoping that, by asking on here, they would become less unknown. 😉

nigelb001
    Free Member

I see what you did there 🙂

gonetothehills
    Free Member

I posted about the BB5 ones from Wheelies a couple of weeks back – but no comments, sadly. 🙁

However, I’d bought a pair of ‘similar’ looking ones (same backing design, and I’d put good money on them being the same as the Baradine pads) and have run them in pretty grim conditions on the back of the Tripster for a few weeks and they seem fine so far. Bit too early to tell before I go and get 10 sets, but happy so far, if it helps? Bought a few bits from Wheelies before too and they’ve been without fault, which always bodes well.

I bought 10 pairs of barradine pads.
    I fitted the last pair of genuine Hope pads from my spares box to the front on 4.2.13, so I’ll see how well they last, then try the cheapies to see if they’re any worse.

I ought to keep a proper log of how long stuff lasts me. I’ll improvise by referring back to this thread for now. 😉

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheap brake pads on ebay. Are they any good ?’ is closed to new replies.