Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Cheap body Armour for casual downhilling
  • jonundercover
    Free Member

Hi,

I will be doing some DH but not very often, I would like some cheap but ok body armour to wear. I already have knee pads and a helmet but would also like a pressure suit/spine protector type outfit. My mate has recommended some motocross armour off ebay, has anyone tried this or anything similar? Surely motocross stuff will be ok for DH? It looks similar.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MOTORCROSS-MOTORBIKE-MOTORCYLE-BODY-ARMOUR-PROTECTION-/260862968511?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item3cbca502bf

Cheers

Jon

chakaping
    Free Member

Put a wanted advert in the classifieds – have bought and sold body armour in good nick for not much money before.

RealMan
    Free Member

Can usually pick up 661 stuff for less than that – probably worth a look first?

althepal

Got some vgc pads and a pressure suit off of here and a good price to..
    Second the wanted ad comment..

Rorschach
    Free Member

Casual downhill.
    Is that like xxxc or is it more over mountain/freeride lite?
    I can ride quite nonchalantly if I really try hard.

jonundercover
    Free Member

Will be Cwmcarn, Antur Stiniog type riding but not very often hence why i want cheap gear that will do the job ok.

Underhill
    Free Member

What size are you? Have a 661 Pressure Suit in large, probably fit a 42″ chest & upwards. Mail in profile if interested

Northwind

Likewise, I’ve got an Assault Suit- that is, a pressure suit with no elbow pads so you can use seperate ones- in medium which is going spare.

That one you linked looks like it’ll be pretty hot… Not that cheap, either (more than I’ll be wanting for my suit 😉 )

jonundercover
    Free Member

Thanks all but I forgot to say I’m XL.

mikey74
    Free Member

A pressure suit is OTT for that: I use a 661 core saver for all DH and it is great, and not too hot. Cheaper than a pressure suit.

agentdagnamit
    Free Member

Sports Casual did you say?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

I prefer a little bit of blasé mincecore myself.

Junkyard
    Free Member

blasé mincecore light for me

crikey
    Free Member

Can you put lots of shirts on?

jonundercover
    Free Member

WTF lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Cheap body Armour for casual downhilling’ is closed to new replies.