Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheap bluetooth earphones
  • molgrips
    Free Member

I saw a fair few cheapo wireless earphones on Amazon. I’m not expecting much obvs, my benchmark is the ones that came with my Samsung S6, but anyone got any experience?

I’d mainly use them for an audible timer in the gym, but passable music quality would be a plus.

jimdubleyou

I had some MPOW Seals, which were great until I lost one of the silicon tips – so far unable to find a replacement set.

Under £20.

molgrips
    Free Member

These?

It says ‘noise cancelling’ ? Was that feature in any way effective?

Although, without a hook, they’d probably fall out of my ears which seem to be a weird shape on the inside given the experiences I have with many earbud types.

johndoh
    Free Member

Watch out for the ones on Amazon – the reviews are often by people who ‘received the item in return for an honest review’.

The ones I got for my birthday last year (which I had identified as being the best based on reviews) were utter gash and went straight back.

And Molgrips – on a very quick look, it suggests that the headphones you linked to have been reviewed by one of those reviewers – the first reviewer has a whole load of cheap items in his reviews including several iPhone cases as well as at least two Bluetooth headphone sets (and a vibrating cock ring too LOL).

molgrips
    Free Member

Which were they?

IHN

I bought some Phillips ones from Argos at the weekend:

http://www.argos.co.uk/product/5583962

Seem pretty decent (not noise cancelling though, although I specifically didn’t want that)

molgrips
    Free Member

Amazon reviews now say “verified purchase”, which I think means that they have automatically cross-checked the review against the user’s order history.

The first ones that come up have something like 2,000 5 star reviews.

prawny

I had these for my birthday to replace a set from the same ‘manufacturer’ that I broke at the end of the summer, they sound really good, they’re much better built than the old ones and they’re reasonably cheap.

Recommended.

stevious

I got some Anker Sportbuds off amazon for using in the gym. Block out enough noise that I can’t hear the body-pump class going on and sweatproof enough to withstand my deluge. Very occasional sound dropout.

I’m sure they were approx £20

molgrips
    Free Member

I have some confidence in Anker so that’s a good pointer ta.

nickdavies

I’ve got those green Phillips ones up there linked from Argos, but from Amazon on there sub £20 lightning deal. First pair were duff but second ok.

I’d normally get anker, or probably Bose as I love my qc35’s but they all have noise cancelling which is always on and for sports use I don’t like it, makes other things hard to hear. Something to bear in mind if you want to use them out and about I.e. Biking on road etc.

Bregante

I got some Anker Soundbud NB10’s at christmas and I’m really impressed with them for £30.

johndoh
    Free Member

BTW, I ended up getting these ones.

Great looks, good battery life (comfortably 2+ hours in the gym), comfortable, rarely get any audio drop and I love the magnetic feature.

One downside – the controls are on the r/h side of the cable so the cable drops down on that side so when you move your head the cable drags a bit. I solved this by getting some cheap clips from Ebay.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Plantronics Backbeat Fit when on offer on Amazon.
    Just over your budget but 7+hrs battery life, sweatproof, noise blocking, etc.
    Regular software updates, handsfree, etc, phone app and more make them far more useful than just headphones

doubleu
    Free Member

Aldi have some in at the moment –
    https://www.aldi.co.uk/p/074162108561200

I picked up a pair the other day. I only wanted a cleap pair for gym and turbo training. They play music and the remote works. Nothing more to add really 😀

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Katie and I have both got Meizo EP51’s. They’re about £25 from Gearbest
    http://www.gearbest.com/sports-fitness-headphones/pp_356162.html

Can’t fault them. Stay in my ears well enough (most days they’re fine, yesterday they fell out). Construction seems good and very good sound for the price (way better than any wired sport headphones I’ve ever had).

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheap bluetooth earphones’ is closed to new replies.