Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Cheap bike storage hooks on Amazon
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone bought any and were they good? Looking at the ones that look like this:

Linky

Need to store road, hybrid, 29er and 26er but nothing larger than 2.35.

rossburton
    Free Member

Yeah I’ve got a few of those, might be better on the thinner wheeled bikes but at £3 each you can’t go wrong.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

I just use something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/ETC-Storage-Screws-in-Hooks-Black/dp/B0063HKWAC screwed into the ceiling in the garage. They are available everywhere, might even be cheaper in Homebase etc. (99p each)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    molgrips
    Free Member

With nine bikes to store, the low cost is attractive 🙂

Forgot to mention the 20er too – assmuming they’ll still work.

HH – those won’t work for me. Bikes need to be interleaved due to space considerations, so the heights need to be strictly controlled. I’ve got hooks hanging from the ceiling at the moment but it’s not idea. It worked ok when everything was on 26 and bars were narrow 🙂

Question with the pictured hooks though is there enough room between the hook and the wall to fit a 29×2.35?

scotroutes

Those cheaper hooks HH linked to are what I use – from B&Q IIRC

Bikes are alternated sardine style so not much space required.

molgrips
    Free Member

Bikes are alternated sardine style so not much space required.

That’s more or less what I do now but it’s a nightmare. They don’t fit together properly. Drop bars, wide bars, long wheelbase, short wheelbase…

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I use those exact ones, plenty of room with 2.3″ tyres, you could probably wrestle a decent sized 2.5″ in.

I wouldn’t top/tail them, it’s a PITA and you end up with brake levers catching on seatposts etc, I just staggered the hooks up/down by about 30cm so the bars are offset and it’s much easier.

Only gripe is the hook folds flat, I’d wrap some tape someting around it before putting it up to keep it relatively steady.

molgrips
    Free Member

I already top/tail them, but if I can re-adjust the heights I may not need to any more.

Thanks for the info TINAS.

weeksy

I’ve got 5-6 of them I’ve never opened and never intend to. Let me see if I can recall where they are tomorrow and I’ll post them out.

timidwheeler
    Free Member

They fit my 2.4 trail kings ok.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ta weeksy, I can give you a tenner for six?

weeksy

Don’t be daft mate, if I find them I’ll post them. There’s no cost.

molgrips
    Free Member

Ta 🙂 PM me if they turn up.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’ve got 8 of them. They’re great, though I had to bend one slightly for my MTB wheels (only 2.3 tyres but vaguely deep section rims).

TiRed

Cheap Halfords hooks screwed to batten and bolted to the wall.

That’s more or less what I do now but it’s a nightmare. They don’t fit together properly. Drop bars, wide bars, long wheelbase, short wheelbase…

You do mount them top-to-tail, no? Bars to saddle to bars to saddle? I find an 18″ spacing fine for all manner of bikes.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yes.

As I said, the bikes have changed a lot since I first installed it, so it needs a complete re-jig. And the dangling hooks where never much good which is why I’m taking the opportunity to improve it with the wall mounted hooks.

kcr
    Free Member
    gibletposte13
    Free Member

we got those screw in hooks. great for hanging bikes, tools, lawn furniture inside our shed

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Cheap bike storage hooks on Amazon’ is closed to new replies.