Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheap bike repair stand recommendations?
  • thetabber
    Free Member

I’m looking for a bike repair stand, but working to a limited budget. Any suggestions gratefully received.

hambl90
    Free Member

Check out the Rose bikes website mentioned on the bike forum, sure I saw a decent stand on there for 30 something pounds .

Kip

Mr Kip bought a stand from Amazon called the Velomann for £67 or thereabouts. He thinks it’s great especially as it folds up easily. It’s very sturdy, tripod stand, QR clamp, has a tool tray.

However, it took ages to put together and he’s pretty handy at that sort of thing. He had to read the instructions, it was that difficult.

To give you an example of his general handiness, he’s just replaced the shock and wheel bearings on his motorbike with little fuss or hassle.

Otherwise much recommended especially as once it’s together that’s it.

MaryHinge
    Free Member

Decathlon have a good cheap non-folding one. Mine was £35 and has seen over 3 years of abuse from me and my son and his cack-handed mates.

Rorschach
    Free Member

2nd decathlon.

kimbers

hmm rose bikes have this one which is cheap but im sceptical about holding up a big bike
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/rose-fahrradstaender-rastplatz-teleskop-480687/aid:480689
    edit just for storage not maintenance!

this one however looks pretty good value
    http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/article/xtreme-montagestaender-s-1300—unser-bestseller—22586/aid:22588

remember 10 euros off if you like them on facebook and free shipping to uk til 14th march

kimbers
    Junkyard
    Free Member

kimbers how do I like them on facebook ?- I have an account but never really use FB

kimbers

go to the rose website click on teh facebook icon at the top right hand and follow the instructions

although my fracking voucher code doesnt seem to work anyway!

Junkyard
    Free Member

fracking – is that a star wars swear word 😉
    Cheers

Junkyard
    Free Member

my fracking code does not work either have mailed them

thetabber
    Free Member

Thanks for the recommendations. Have order the Decathlon stand, £40 plus £3.99 for delivery, which seemed pretty reasonable.

andyl
    Free Member

that rose one looks good but the feet don’t fold which is a shame.

kimbers

fracking is from battlestar galactica

ronjeremy
    Free Member

fracking, yeah for the BG reference!!!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheap bike repair stand recommendations?’ is closed to new replies.