Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cheap air compressor recommends?
  • zelak999
    Free Member

Please can anyone recommend me a cheap air compressor for inflating tubeless tyres?

scruff
    Free Member

Aldi, Lidl for about £100 when in stock or try Machine Mart.

HermanShake
    Free Member

Search STW for “9p compressor”. Works like a charm.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

one in bnq – 9 litres “rockford” i think.

about 49.99

ideal for inflating tires.

if your going to do anything else its useless though

andyl
    Free Member

If you want a real compressor then the Aldi one is the best of the cheap ones. Yes they are all pretty much generic but it has the most power (2.5hp) and comes with 2 HVLP connectors (one regulated, one not).

I have an old 1/2hp vertical compressor with a 60L tank I plumb into the unregulated side to give me 84 litres. Next time they are on offer I will pick up a 2nd compressor to plumb in to boost my total output to 5hp (have to watch how you run them as a 32A ring can supply a max of about 7kW which is about 9.8hp and motor start can cause high instant draw). But you don’t need anything with that much power or capacity 😀

AlexSimon

Aldi got them in about 3 weeks ago, so there might be the odd one or two left.

trail_rat
    Free Member

“If you want a real compressor then the Aldi one is the best of the cheap ones. Yes they are all pretty much generic but it has the most power (2.5hp) and comes with 2 HVLP connectors (one regulated, one not). “

I disagree

the wolf 3hp off ebay is the best of the cheap. – they also do a 2.5HP for similar money. The OLD aldi one used ot be a rebranded wolf(or rather out the same factory as wolf branded workzone) but not this time round.

the aldi one runs thin bore hoses. by the time you stick on real hoses you might as well have just bought a better compressor.

of course using it like you do with your aux tank this is not an issue but it was for me wanting to run air tools off it.

JohnnyPanic

You can spend 9p or you can spend £100 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

is that the V twin model or the big belt drive one?

I should explain I am talking about compact models that all share the single cylinder design like aldi, michelin, sealey etc and come in 1.5, 2 and 2.5hp set ups.

I did pick up a 3hp 50L V twin from Lidl (£200) but it was too heavy to throw in the back of the car or move somewhere else so for the cost I decided to go for 2x 2.5hp and have a modular system. That way if one breaks I have redundancy.

As I use a large static tank for high flow needs I don’t really need to worry about the narrow pipes but that is a very good point and I agree for some people one of the 3hp ones might be a better option.

I have been offered a couple of 7hp twin screw compressors (one working, one for parts). They are 3 phase and 300kg each so nowhere to use or store them at the moment 🙁

andyl
    Free Member
    zelak999
    Free Member

9p option

I’m liking the 9p option!!
    Going to give that a go methinks!

Thanks all!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cheap air compressor recommends?’ is closed to new replies.