Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheap 650full sus frame? Ideas
  • explosifpete
    Free Member

I think I’m after the moon on a stick but I’ll give it ago.
    I want to try a full sus bounce as my last one was back in 1998 and it put me off!
    I have everything bar the frame including some 150mm fox 34s and am on the hunt for a cheap second hand frame but not to sure what to look for……..oh my budget is £350 so pretty tight
    Had a look at be Saracen Kili flyer which looks good and come in under budget but it’s a bit short at 120mm
    Any ideas? I’m not brand fussy

explosifpete
    Free Member

Oh, I should probably mention what it’s for, gonna be used for essex trails, so pretty tame, some aggressive XC and Wales trips

mb51
    Free Member

On one Codeine 650b under £600 at moment, if your quick.

superstu
    Free Member

On one Codeine 650b under £600 at moment, if your quick.

So about double the OP’s stated budget?

Kili flyer always reviews well but 150mm may be too much for the front. Can you reduce the travel on them?

tmb467
    Free Member

There’s a 2014 27.5 transition bandit frame on pinkbike at the minute for 375

No connection to me btw

acsevens

Crc have an ex demo vitus escarpe for about £300 at the moment, might be worth a look.

explosifpete
    Free Member

All good suggestions, I’ll go take a look.
    Yes travel is easily adjusted on the fork

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

There’s a 650b Boardman full sus frame on eBay for £175 buy it now but it needs a shock
    Still might come in under budget.
    Not mine buy the way

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=302183870632&globalID=EBAY-GB

coomber
    Free Member

The kili is a great bike by all accounts. Just check if it’s the model that had the issue with bushings lasting no time at all

explosifpete
    Free Member

Checked out the bandit but it’s really short. As for the boardman, I guess I am a bit of a brand snob!
    Thinking I’ll save up and spend a bit nicer, don’t need it till summer

olderigetfasteriwas
    Free Member

I ride a Kili Flyer x as my main bike with 130mm forks up front, ride similar stuff to you, Swinley, Surrey hills, local xc.
    Keep up with my riding mate on a Carbon Mondraker foxy on the downs, only fitness that holds me back uphill!

olderigetfasteriwas
    Free Member

Edit: no issue with bushings on my 2015 model, 900 miles, and 8 months so far.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheap 650full sus frame? Ideas’ is closed to new replies.