Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • cheap 29er wheels
  • trickydisco
    Free Member

GF’s wheels got stolen from her kona dew deluxe last week. After some cheap wheels to replace

I presume they are effectively 29er wheels?

Anyone know any places to get some cheap?

steveoath
    Free Member

I’m running Halo Freedom disc 29ers. Not the lightest, but have worked out a decent buy. If you shop around you should be able to get complete wheelset for between £175-£200. Maybe lower.

ads678

I’ve got a set os Superstar XCX29 wheels, £130. they seem pretty good as well.

Whilst i was looking I googled ’29er wheelset’ and a set of alex rims on shimano deore hubs came up for £100. can’t remember the shop now though.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Learn to build some? It’s a good skill to have and cheeper than off the shelf wheels normaly.

Cheep mavic rims £40/pair, 30p/spoke x 62 + shimano hubs <<£100

trickydisco
    Free Member

Thanks ads678

found some brand new one’s for £104.. also looking at 2nd hand

Andy

Merlin are doing Stans Arch on Deore M525s for £120. Bargain I think as the extra weight is in the hubs and good rims that can be rehubbed when needed. I’d regrease the hubs on purchase though

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Have a look at the Fulcrum Red Power wheels from bikediscount.de.

Bought some SLs last year for my Karate Monkey and have been really impressed with them. Great price and service too (they arrived in a couple of days):

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k677/a63922/red-power-29-sl-disc-6-bolt.html

Also have the XL for a bit more money:

http://www.bike-discount.de/shop/k677/a63927/red-power-29-xl-disc-6-bolt.html

andyl
    Free Member

merlin had some cracking deals last week. Might still have some left. The shimano ones came with discs.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I have a set for sale in the classifieds. Dt Swiss x470 rims on GT all terra red hubs. 20mm thru front and 142×12 on the rear.

wisepranker
    Free Member

Merlin are doing Stans Arch on Deore M525s for £120. Bargain I think as the extra weight is in the hubs and good rims that can be rehubbed when needed. I’d regrease the hubs on purchase though

That sounds like a pretty good deal.
    I might have to go for a set of those with some knobbly tyres as off-road wheels for my Roadrat 🙂

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

That,s if merlin actually want to portray a busines who is reasonable/friend
    Y/fussed. About. Having your business cone their way!

Muppet. Bunch that they Re!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Well said!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘cheap 29er wheels’ is closed to new replies.