Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cheap 29er Frames
  • sneakyg4
    Free Member

Looking for a cheap alloy frame for 29 inch wheels, say up to about £200.

So far I have come up with the On One Parkwood and the Dartmoor Primal, both are on the slack side.

Am I missing anything else that’s in this price range? Both a bit slacker than I would like, oh and alloy please, no steel.

Ta.

dobo
    Free Member
    lovewookie

There are cannondale trail sl2 new frames on ebay at the moment going for £140 ish. I bought an xl, very nice it is too. Have good reviews.

acidchunks

When I went to buy one of those lovely green Cube LTD frames they wouldn’t ship them to uk. Seems they will now but sold out of the 19″.

Fumming. 👿

julianwilson
    Free Member

Just a thought, but is ther anything mechanically wrong with using an angleset to steepen a head angle?
    The parkwood is pretty slack and a pn angelset would give you the chance to try it steeper or indeed ridiculously slack.

Also, voodoo bikes have sensible geometry and some ‘headline’ parts on them (as well as very average but functional cockpit/’finishing kit’): could you buy one new for a few hundred and sell the brakes/fork/wheels/groupset as ‘fitted but not used’ and come in under budget?

Clink

I have a BNIB Voodoo Bizango frame? Sliding dropouts for gears or ss. 44mm headtube so tapered or straight forks. Designed around 120mm forks which work well, though a mate rides one with a rigid fork. E-mail in profile if you are interested.

T666DOM

I’ve got a large clockwork frame in the classifieds if you’re interested, email in profile.

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

I’m riding the Voodoo Clink has and its ace

billyboy
    Free Member

I’m on about 200 miles with my Parkwood and I’m not finding anything major to bitch about.

I can’t really say I notice the slacker head angle compared to my Anthem 29er!

Now you mention it, I’d guess it is very slightly slower, but that is only a vague impression that has only just struck me, and it’s not a very fair conclusion because the Anthem is a full sus and, according to all the tests and articles I’ve ever read, is bound to go faster!

granny_ring

acid, can’t understand you saying they wouldn’t ship to the UK when I have received frames from them before?
    Julian, you can use a works components headset to steepen the head angle, just fit it the other way round.

sneakyg4
    Free Member

cheers guys, will take a look at these options, if only on-one had kept the Scandal going this would be easy.

Paul@RTW
    Free Member

I’ve recently built up a Thompson x-race from a German shop selling on e-bay. Worked out about £125 with shipping etc. It’s quite steep and short but works for me as I’ve built it up with drop bars and a rigid fork. The finish is pretty good, it’s not heavy, it’s straight, all the bits are in the right place and it’s built into quite a smart looking bike.

just found the link too:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251580640315

other more expensive frame available from the same shop – no idea what the differences are; geometry is pretty hard to come buy and the guys at the shop don’t seem to speak great English and my German is non existent – Google translate only gets you so far!

faustus

Not been able to check Paul’s link above as can’t access anything vaguely ebay at work.
    But http://bike-x-perts.com/frames/mtb-hardtail-frames/mtb-rahmen-h29-lite-29er.html

a cheap alloy 29er Drossiger frame that looks excellent value, and you get to choose what colour it is at no extra cost. Sensibly they charge extra for frame stickers, which you wouldn’t want! 174€ or £137ish for a frame is good!

acidchunks

acid, can’t understand you saying they wouldn’t ship to the UK when I have received frames from them before?

At the time it was only the heavily discounted Cube frames & framesets that were affected. When logged in, with an account registered to a UK address, the add to cart button for said frames was replaced with a message that stated something along the lines of “For legal reasons we cannot ship this item to your country” 😕

unovolo
    Free Member

Tis true , I saw that link a while ago and there was a couple of frames I had my eye on, but it showed the same message regarding not shipping to the UK, shame really as I haave now bought something else so they have lost a sale.

ahwiles
    Free Member

Pinnacle Ramin?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cheap 29er Frames’ is closed to new replies.