Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cheap 26" rear wheel anywhere?
  • 2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Evening all, I thought I had all I needed to build up a frame but the rear wheel I have can’t be converted to 142 x12 so I need to find something to fit.
    Requirements are 26″, pref 6 bolt, 142 x12, strong so 32 spokes min & cheap. I would of gone for light as well but that breaks the rule so I won’t 😉
    I have searched the usual shops & can only find a couple below £100, so does anyone know of any deals for a new one before I go down the S/H route?

Cheers.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Will be following this. I want a pair of decent 26″ wheels to replace my existing 27.5 flow/hope.
    26 is dead apparently, so I would of expected them to be given away, but haven’t found a deal so far.

Tracey

The Alex Voltars on Merlins site are very good value for money.

nickdavies

Superstar. Give them a call they might have something built knocking around but if not they do what you want for under a ton.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks all, do the superstars come with the required fitting kit or do I just find one laying around? 😉

I’m still up for any other suggestions, cheers.

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Bump for the working shift 😉

thestabiliser
    Free Member

I’ve had two wheelsets 15mm & 142×12 by scouring the bay both £70ish ex bikeshop stock (presumably ‘swapped out’ by a customer for something better) including some inferno 27’s. TryUK bikedepot e-bay shop (and similar)

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

Thanks, I have looked on ebay, I’ll set up a saved search.

Cheers.

devash
    Free Member

There’s loads of clearance wheels on Superstar’s site at the moment. Something built on their Switch hubs would be ideal as you can specify the adapters you need for your dropouts. They usually have stuff for £100.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cheap 26" rear wheel anywhere?’ is closed to new replies.