Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Cheap 26" bouncy fork options. What's out there for around £100…?
  • neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I need a bouncy fork for the daughters onone. Is there a go to fork for £100.? This will be for occasional use on the local stuff and the odd trail centre, shredding the gnar on an uplift day is out of the picture. So folks what’s out there.? Are the cheaper Rockshox worth a punt.?

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

IMHO for £100 you should buy 2nd hand. £100 brand new forks are going to be utter poo.

I’m sure you will find something on the classifieds.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

If i can find some 120-130mm forks for £100ish then i have some excellent condition recon solo air with moco for sale

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Are the cheaper Recons no good.?

mindmap3
    Free Member

I’d agree with second hand.

In fact I have a pair under budget that would be perfect – 04 Z1 Dropoff, 130mm travel, IS disc mounts, spring with air preload so good for lighter riders etc.

freeagent
    Free Member

I have Rockshox Recon Silvers on my hardtail, which were about £120ish from Merlin a year or so ago.
    They are fine.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

recons are great – just 20-30mm to short for the bike they are on

joeydeacon
    Free Member

I’ve always wondered what those cheap Taiwan RSTs on ebay are like – have bought cheap rigid forks and various other parts on there which are pretty good, no idea if these are worth the cash or not?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2012-RST-FIRST-MOUNTAIN-Bike-Air-Suspension-Fork-Disc-V-brake-100mm-WHITE-/141266623651?pt=UK_sportsleisure_cycling_bikeparts_SR&hash=item20e4259ca3

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve always wondered what those cheap Taiwan RSTs on ebay are like

I had a cheapo fork on my first ever mountain bike, it said Marzocchi but was made by someone else like RST, I thought it was great! It looked the part, never seized up, and I had great fun on it.

jakd95
    Free Member

A bit cheeky but I have a set of white Recon Silvers (100mm) in good condition that you can have for £60+postage if you’re interested?
    Cheers

rob-jackson
    Free Member

could they be extended up to 120mm?

jakd95
    Free Member

As far as I am aware they can only be 100mm unfortunately.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Cheap 26" bouncy fork options. What's out there for around £100…?’ is closed to new replies.