Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • Chav Free Zones on Aircraft?
  • NorthernStar
    Free Member

After a nice week with some lovely people got onto a plane back from Tenerife Sunday night and yet again had to endure a 4.5 hr flight cacooned into a small metal tube with what can only be described as the worst of the UK population.

Gent behind actually threatened me when I asked his girlfriend politely to stop constantly kicking the back of my seat. Tracksuited man in the row in front practically eating his fake tanned girlfriends face off for the entire flight. Another man endlessly complained about being too hot and then proceeded to remove his top and walk around the flight to show us all his sunburnt beer belly. Old Scouser next to me seemed nice enough and tried to make conversation but he was so p***ed up that I could hardly understand a word he said. Clueless families with out of control kids drinking vodka and beer and then talking complete s**t so that all around could hear.

Honestly, no wonder the British have a bad reputation abroad.

Sod paying for extra legroom seats, I’d happily pay some extra money to sit in a guaranteed ‘Chav Free’ area of the plane so that I could actually get some peace, read a magazine and perhaps enjoy returning to the UK.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

*Pulls up a seat*

Settles down to enjoy the ensuing arguments.

😉

tracknicko
    Free Member

got onto a plane back from Tenerife

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Yep, that’s where it started to go wrong, isn’t it? 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

You could fly business class with a schedule airline. Also populated with mostly ****, but quieter ones.

MSP

tracknicko +1

Only yourself to blame.

Trimix
    Free Member

Buy a more expensive ticket. Also flying to Chav tastic destinations wont help you much.

legend
    Free Member

pay some extra money to sit in a guaranteed ‘Chav Free’ area of the plane

Google “private jet hire”, probably the only way to get chav free anything on such a flight

binners

Happens to us all at some point. You’ve just had a short trip to Jeremy Kyle World. Think of it as a theme park. Just laugh at them and enjoy the fact that it was only for a few hours. That’s what some peoples daily lives consist of. Just imagine that!!! 😯

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

You could fly business class with a schedule airline. Also populated with mostly ****, but quieter ones.

This is often true. 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

no-one was forcing you to stay on the plane, you could have just left.

Klunk
    Free Member

+
    or similar

vinnyeh

This is often true. I didn’t get where I am today…

ftfy 😉

rewski
    Free Member

If you can’t beat them joined, neck a bottle of 20/20 and treat it as role play, you might like it.

fasthaggis

Well ,if only you had stuck in at school ,then you could afford to avoid the riff raff 🙂 😉

richmtb

Flying to any popular holiday destination in Europe from the UK you are going to have to put up with it.

You can live it up in a five star villa with your own butler for a week but at the end of the holiday you will most likely be stuck on the same charter flight with the rest of the hoi polloi.

Unless you are prepared to foot the bill for business class then air travel is a great leveller!

Either join in the fun or get some noise cancelling headphones and a sedative!

NorthernStar
    Free Member

[/quote]You could fly business class with a schedule airline

It’s not that I would want to fly business class or expect better service – perhaps just to travel in an area of an aircraft where people have enough politeness to behave themselves and to consider the other people around them. Is that too much to ask?

tpbiker
    Free Member

+ 1000

gordimhor

Most planes already have a chav free zone, it’s called the cockpit 🙂

jota180
    Free Member

I fly back and forth to Lanzarote and Tenerife quite a lot [every couple of months] and rarely see the sort of behaviour you had.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

It’s not that I would want to fly business class – just travel in an area of an aircraft where people have enough politeness to behave themselves and consider the other people around them.

Pay to fly on a proper airline, fly on a route that isn’t a cheap holiday destination. Job done.

I often fly LHR-BCN and have never had any problems on board (apart from the one day when they’d run out of Tabasco for my Bloody Mary. There was nearly a hijack situation then, I can tell you)

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Keep the noise down!

What, what..

hora
    Free Member

I’m with the OP- one of the last times that I flew there was a heavily hungover guy sat next to me- stinking of booze- asking to get out every 5mins to run to the toilet.

WHY do it just before you leave?

Across from me was a potty-mouthed family with screaming kids.

yunki
    Free Member

I’d happily pay some extra money to sit in a guaranteed ‘Chav Free’ area of the plane

there’s your **** answer then you sodding cheapskate..

jog on innit bruv 😉

ThePinkster

I always thought the chav free zone was called 1st/Business Class.

Of course you could always holiday in the glorious UK and not have to fly at all.

NorthernStar
    Free Member

yunki – Member

I’d happily pay some extra money to sit in a guaranteed ‘Chav Free’ area of the plane

there’s your **** answer then you sodding cheapskate..

jog on innit bruv

Or how about people just learn to behave themselves?

ohnohesback
    Free Member

Can we have chav-free zones more widely?

cinnamon_girl

How about a ‘braying middle-class free zone’ ?

😉

yunki
    Free Member

Or how about people just learn to behave themselves?

or that yes 😀

but just maybe it was them what was in the right though and your behaviour what was wrong..?
    Perhaps the age of wanting everyone to sit around quietly just because you do is a little bit selfish and last millenium..?

By your own admission you were in the minority..

boxfish
    Free Member

Has one sacked one’s pilot?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

How about a ‘braying middle-class free zone’ ?

😆

Aeroflot.

😉

jota180
    Free Member

got onto a plane back from Tenerife Sunday night

A morning or early afternoon flight is preferable, whilst you’ll still get the odd piss head, it ain’t going to be anywhere near as bad as a night flight.
    I came back a couple of weeks ago, 10 hour delay [9pm instead of 11am], I did think it could be ‘interesting’ given all the time we were waiting at the airport but it was OK.

ourmaninthenorth

Who flies to Europe on holiday?

Into this:

On this:

To one of these:

Papa_Lazarou
    Free Member

it’s public transport innit and the public in it.

yuk.

new white trainers
    gold
    stella at 6.30am because “I’m on holiday”

jota180
    Free Member

Who flies to Europe on holiday?

Tenerife is a bit tougher to drive to though and Lyon is not quite as warm in January
    Although, I’m riding a motorbike down to Lanzarote soon 🙂

Cletus

A significant proportion of arguments/annoyance could be solved in cattle class by disabling the seat recline feature – cannot be used without annoying the person behind you (unless the are pre-teen or a dwarf).

It also helps to travel in a group that matches the row size of the aircraft you are on.

Which UK destination were you travelling to OP?

oliverd1981
    Free Member

The harder it is to spell, and or the colder it is when you get there, the less Chavs will be on the plane.

ericemel
    Free Member

It’s called 1st Class

hora
    Free Member

The harder it is to spell, and or the colder it is when you get there, the less Chavs will be on the plane.

Funnily you never get these sort on the planes to Geneva do you

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Funnily you never get these sort on the planes to Geneva do you

Yes, you do. Half term, ski season on the likes of Sleaze or Thomas Cook.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘Chav Free Zones on Aircraft?’ is closed to new replies.