Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Chatel, which one trail should I not miss?
  • bren2709

ZC – man date? Ha ha!

johnhe

How do you get to the Monkeys Arse trail?

Mugboo

Chatel

Thank you all again for your great advice, sadly it was of no real use as I landed in Chatel in monsoon season. I enjoyed or endured about 4 hrs in the bike park with regular coffee/stove hugging stops to try and prevent the shivers on day one, day two’s XC attempt was foiled by a broken lift in Morgins, so back to the bike park for more mud surfing shenanigans!
    Glad I packed plenty of clothing and a spare Swampthing shod front wheel. The trails were strangely gripping though!
    I saw slush at the top, a broken bridge at the bottom and two poor French lads get a proper bollocking from a digger driver, even though there were no signs to say that Ride Humble was shut for repairs 🙂
    RickyRack was the only clean bit of trail and rode well in the middle section, nice rocky trail to offset the mud.

I felt very sorry for the trailbuilders, the damage will no doubt take some sorting out..

All of which means I’ll just have to go back at some point 🙂

The second week we camped near Annecy and the sun came back out to play. I also found those trails I’d been dreaming of back in Blighty so my faith was restored 🙂
    I’ll start a separate thread on Annecy though as the only one I found is closed.

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Chatel, which one trail should I not miss?’ is closed to new replies.