Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Chatel – Spending money???
  • thec0bra
    Free Member

Hi all.

Booked up for Chatel in the Alps this June.

Whats your experience of the prices like over there? Only heading over Fri – Mon, accomodation includes breakfast, evening meal and unlimited wine and im taking my own bike!

Thanks

tollah
    Free Member

Not far off UK prices ime

legend
    Free Member

eating out for lunch? expect to spend over €10 a day

heading for the pub? expect €5 a pint

lift pass, iro €80

cynic-al
    Free Member

so you need to buy lunch?

MussEd
    Free Member

Not dear, and for three days you hardly need a great deal. Heading back there on July 5 after a week last year, great place. Enjoy yourself!

MussEd
    Free Member

80 euros will be a six day pass…

NWAlpsJeyerakaBoz
    Free Member

I bet its more than 5 euro a pint. I was there last in 2005 and it was that price then!!

Just guessing like…. 😉

cupid-stunt
    Free Member

Go to the local supermarkets for food and it will be cheapish.

goodgrief
    Free Member

go to the supermarket for bagettes and rolls for lunch, there’s one in the middle of town.
    prices vary by location. the most expensive beer i had was 6 euro at the bar in linderets vally, most were 3-4 euro.
    if you head over to morgins, eating at the top of the lift will cost a bit but it’s amazing. i paid 20 euro for a goat cheese salad but it was the best damn salad i have ever laid eyes on! the supermarket in morgins has cans of beer for 60 cent btw…

allthepies
    Free Member

5 Euro a pint ? Bargain, it was 6 in summer 2009.

But as above, the local supermarket is your friend. Or if you’re driving then a hypermarket for the win 🙂

thebunk

Or make lunch from the breakfast stuff? Ham and cheese croissant!

cakerider

Booze is not cheap but always enjoyable after a days riding 😀

Take spares as bike shops are not on the cheap side either.

legend
    Free Member

Bar Robinson in Morzine is still under €5 iirc, but by the time I leave there I’m usually so blasted that I could spend €50 a pint afterwards and not realise 😉

Good call on spare parts. Some shops are scary expensive.€180 for one deore brake anyone??

norcosix
    Free Member

the amount that you drink. one glass off the free wine and you’ll be in bed. cheap weekend for you mr cobra !! lol

thec0bra
    Free Member

Listen norcosix, your name can easily be changed on the flight tickets! Does the wife know your on the computer, the dishes better be done! As long as you keep out my way and dont slow me down when we are over there!

What do you think of that 24/7 i sent you last night?

The horse is spotless, ready to be dirty’d this weekend.

Ps – Mudmonkey is a geotechnical/geological nickname…

norcosix
    Free Member

dont even try and make me out to be a house husband like yourself. ave seen that towel rail in your house with your marigolds hanging from them with your name on them.

the bike was no bad but the one you have the now is far better. upgrade something on your bike rather than buy another bike. maybe even buy a jet pack to see if you can catch me on the downs in morzine !!! lol

p.s ave got you a dust mask for france……

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Chatel – Spending money???’ is closed to new replies.