Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)
  • Chat Up Lines – Suggestions Please
  • katykins
    Free Member

So I’ve been going climbing a fair bit recently, and there’s a nice looking guy there who I’d like to get talking to. Thing is, I go with a couple of (bloke) mates, and opportunities to just start up a conversation are limited… Any suggestions for chat up lines that might work? Thanks 😀

wombat

Go and ask him for a route recommendation, you could ask him to show you on the crag where a route is that you “can’t find” on your topo. This should break the ice.

iDave
    Free Member

i didn’t think blokes needed chat up lines – usually a woman being alive and in the vicinity is sufficient. try ‘hi’

JoeBones
    Free Member

“are you on facebook?”

take it from there

wombat

iDave – Member

i didn’t think blokes needed chat up lines – usually a woman being alive and in the vicinity is sufficient. try ‘hi’

True 😳 😉

katykins
    Free Member

It can’t really be that easy – aren’t blokes picky in any way??

iDave
    Free Member

I’m very picky. But don’t envisage a chat up line being necessary.

sweepy
    Free Member

‘Im not wearing any drawers’

wombat

You already have a shared interest, just say hello, if he already likes the look of you he might be unsure about the nature of your relationship with your belay bunnies so (subtly) letting him know that you’re not attached (assuming that you are 😉 ) would be good. Just don’t make it look as though you’re likely to cook his rabbit…..

rOcKeTdOg

casual chat, ask him to “Belay”* you or something coz ur mates are busy

*other climbing terms must be available, and yes i have no idea what it means, i meant when someone holds your rope whilst you climb…i think

katykins
    Free Member

This is a good idea, but will mean he gets the opportunity to stare at my arse (not, in my opinion, my best feature) for the duration…

billy.fish
    Free Member

Get hair stuck in your belay device, ask him to help.

You may end up slightly balder….but you’ll be in a nice close position to talk 🙂

flip
    Free Member

Ask him if he wants to see your nut set…

(outdoor climbing humour)

chewkw
    Free Member

This always work for me … “Do you come here often?” … then “How about it eh?” …

… hhmmm … where are all those lovely women lately … 😯

Stoner
    Free Member

“Hi, I’m here to save you from making a terrible mistake with that older man”

worked for me at University.

druidh
    Free Member

Wait until your mates are out of the way (send them away if need be) and ask him for some advice on something – maybe ask about some of his gear, or a move you saw him make.

It doesn’t have to be too clever. Any bloke will be only too pleased to tell you how much he knows.

wombat

katykins – Member

This is a good idea, but will mean he gets the opportunity to stare at my arse (not, in my opinion, my best feature) for the duration…

Offer to belay him then….when you go second he’ll see you from above 🙂

chewkw
    Free Member

D’oh! … chatting up blokes …

Okay, make it simple say do you want to go for a cuppa.

cynic-al
    Free Member

pics or it’s a wind up.

not a bad one mind…

Kevevs
    Free Member

I envisage a longest thread ever in the making…

katykins
    Free Member

pics of what? 😆

RealMan
    Free Member

Del

your idea of what is/is not your best feature is irrelevant. more women would do well to know that. nod, smile, listen, lean in, laugh. beyond that, it either works or doesn’t. if it doesn’t he’s either with a yogic sex-goddess already, or gay. it’s the only logical conclusion.

katykins
    Free Member

if it doesn’t he’s either with a yogic sex-goddess already, or gay. it’s the only logical conclusion.

brilliant 😀

joolsburger
    Free Member

women do not need chat up lines

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gFyW5h2JW6Q

brakes
    Free Member

you: “could you check out my lashings and slippery hitch?”
    him: “phwooooooooaaarrr”

epicyclo

katykins – Member
    It can’t really be that easy – aren’t blokes picky in any way??

You’re warm, you’re breathing, and presumably fit. You’re set.

TheBrick
    Free Member

miss read post.

Junkyard
    Free Member

will mean he gets the opportunity to stare at my arse (not, in my opinion, my best feature) for the duration…

top rope you then he can stare at your norksface? 😯

IGMC

As above just chat about routes etc it will be obvious if he is interested.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I used to work with someone who would walk up to someone and just say “Fancy a ****” His idea was if he asked enough women one was bound to say yes, rules of probability. To the best of my knowledge it never worked and he did get thrown out of a few pubs and clubs for it. I always thought he wasn’t running on all cylinders but he was adamant this was the best way to pick up women.

This was a few years ago and this person is quite a senior member of staff now, I do chuckle to myself when I see him!

Mikkel
    Free Member

If its at a wall, ask if he will take his top off.

A climber ?
    Harumph, mountain bikers not good enough for you then ? 👿

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Katykins = Houns.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

What would work as a chat upline for you? If I’m beginning to learn anything, it’s that in some respects men and women aren’t so different… we have many of the same insecurities and respond to similar forms of flattery.

Blokes are picky, some more than others. You can’t fail with ‘Hi’ and a smile. Unless he’s a freak he’ll start talking to you, unless he’s with the yogic sex goddess he’ll have asked for your number that night or the next time he sees you.. if not ask for his.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Katykins = *******

Not Houns.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

How about a simple “Would you like to come here often?”

jenbe
    Free Member

umm if you are chatting up a bloke, just ask him if you want to come over to youre house, the answer will be yes, go from their, men see every woman they find remotely attractive a potential partner..remember that and you will be fine:)

Olly
    Free Member

“hi there, i have a pulse”

youve pulled.

organic355
    Free Member

You need a Fat Penguin.

brakes
    Free Member

men see every woman they find remotely attractive a potential partner

rubbish.
    partner?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 79 total)

The topic ‘Chat Up Lines – Suggestions Please’ is closed to new replies.