Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Chastising an E-biker at Swinley today. Blimey!
  • davidtaylforth
    Free Member

The nerve of these people!

One came storming past as we’d just departed trail head on Follow the Dog. Absolutely no warning (perhaps they should fit the bikes with a speaker that plays an exhaust note?!), and passed very close.

I shouted “you daft ****”, told the OH she’d be safer back at the car, and then decided to give chase.

Spent the best part of an hour trying to catch him up, and that was going flat out.

IMO they’re too fast and dangerous for our trail centres. But it’s funny, because I was never really that far behind; I’m a proper MTBer with bike handling skills, whereas this guy was clearly a fake who was after instant results.

And he got them. The result was me storming back to the Visitors Centre and telling management that they need to outlaw E-bikes (or as me and my OH now call them, LayzEE-bikes) as they’re dangerous, cause massive trail erosion along with the erosion of fundamental human principle.

Just think about what humans have achieved with a bit of physical endeavour…..it appears we’re going backward!

cozz
    Free Member

My word

Hope you didn’t drop your handbag

thegreatape
    Free Member

I for one applaud the OP for his conduct. But are you sure he wasn’t just baiting you to try and provoke a reaction?

thestabiliser
    Free Member

trail centre

What happened to you, man…..

You’re dead to me

scaredypants

Well done DT, these people are shit and should be treated accordingly; I trust that you “pulled his plug” after you inevitably caught him

garage-dweller

David – that trip trapping noise is a goat sneaking over your bridge. 😉

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

THanks. I’m just trying to calm down a bit before I start to write a proposal for an e-petition for the banning of E-bikes on our trails.

simondbarnes

Isn’t follow the dog at Cannock?

cynic-al
    Free Member

Excellent work OP

somafunk

You go girl!

scaredypants

You go back to the car girl!

Quite right, too. They weaken your legs, you know

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Oh, that was me. Sorry.

Just got tired of being held up and you not having the etiquette to let a, clearly faster, guy through.

But it was a lot of fun just keeping you at arms length. I must fit a rear view mirror.

I eventually motored back to the Visitor Centre to report that old fashioned mountain bikers have terrible language and no sense of humour and should be banned

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

You’re making that up. Nobody would chase another cyclist for nearly an hour. I’m calling bullshit.

jonnyboi

I’m a proper MTBer with bike handling skills,

….too much, but nice try

bruneep

I always seem to chase my riding buddy for hours 🙁

genesiscore502011
    Free Member

Yawn

tenfoot

So the Shamen were wrong? E’s aren’t good!

Poopscoop

Oh come on guys?!

You taking the op seriously.lol 😀

Have you not noticed the other very similarly named thread yet? 😀

russyh
    Free Member

I saw an ebike wheelspin today at BPW…unbelievably it was such a big wheel spin that it stopped the earth rotating slightly and made the day last at least 5 minutes longer… it got me thinking. Is it really increased carbon emissions that increase global warming ? Or is it the increase of ebikes and their wheel-spinning ways

grannyjone
    Free Member

I demo’d an Ebike today, while good fun undoubtedly, they do a lot more trail damage than a normal bike. The amount of power these things put down they can wheelspin really easy on soft ground and even if they don’t wheelspin they generally kick a lot of mud up from the ground.

The other issue I thought was maintenance. This bike had a motor/battery, dropper post, gears, full suspension, the lot. Plus it’s doing more speed than a normal bike and kicking up much more mud over itself. I thought there is just so much that could potentially go wrong with it. Plus the bike costs £4500 to buy.

But apart from that it’s great going up a 20% off-road climb at 7mph with little effort, or a 10% climb at 15mph.

nickhit3
    Free Member

as they’re dangerous, cause massive trail erosion along with the erosion of fundamental human principle.

can someone please tell me this is a wind up?

shermer75
    Free Member

So….I’m guessing that none of this actually happened, right?

Riofer
    Free Member

No I think it is battery powered

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

Very funny!

Good joke.

Rubber_Buccaneer

LayzEE-bikes

I like that 🙂

It must have been an illegal derestricted eBike as the proper ones only assist up to 15mph and David would easily have caught one of those.

Klunk
    Free Member

Was he shouting “Straaaaaavaaaaa!” as he went past ?

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

3/10 🙂

chilled76
    Free Member

I’m looking into buying EMP technology for when they pass me waohahahahahah!

coomber
    Free Member

centralscrutinizer – Member

3/10

Generous

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 30 total)

The topic ‘Chastising an E-biker at Swinley today. Blimey!’ is closed to new replies.