Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Charlies Gravel (d)Rash 100, anyone doing this?
  • bikebouy
    Free Member

I got a mail form Charlie last night and am tempted to enter the Gravel 100 he’s running at the end of May.
    Seems you can do it SS or with danglies…

nedrapier

Yup, just paid, looking forward to it! Specially if the weather’s anything like last year.

flashes
    Free Member

Entered last night. It’s the weekend after HOTS, so that’ll be nice…

faustus

Yeah me and a friend will do it, looks good and I know the route pretty well in places…

cardo

Looking at the SS event with the pubs and stuff, don’t fancy 100 miles TBH… Hats off to those who give it a go though..

bikebouy
    Free Member

Toying with either option at the mo, I did last years SS and it was totally epic, I really can’t see me missing this one either but which event..
    The Rash or the Pub Blast..

Yikes.. 😆

Yak

The Rash looks good. V tempted.

Dyffers
    Free Member

Plan to do both.

Sold my SS Swift last summer though, so considering whether I can be bothered to singlespeed my geared Niner for the Saturday (but I’d prefer a few gears for 100 miles of Dorset hills on Sunday).

Yak

Entered the Gravel Dash now. Entered Mrs Yak too. That’ll do for a valentine’s for tomorrow.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Hmmm.. if I Rash it then it’s the CX bike with danglies, if I Pub it it’s my NinerSS..

Awe ❓ 😐

Yak

Rash it on the SS – best of both 🙂

ahwiles
    Free Member

This sounds awesome, but i’m a pathetic weakling, i nearly died when i rode only 60 miles.

a gravel-dash-50 would be very tempting!

bikebouy
    Free Member

We could all make it an (un)reliability trial and pull up at 50.. 😆

I do wonder just how many times we will go past the Square & Compass without actually stopping for longer than say, 10mins..

I’d say twice.. 😆

singlecrack
    Free Member

Really wanted to do this but signed up to Erlstoke 12 weeks ago ……… 🙁

ajantom

Playing a festi with the band that weekend, so I’m oot 🙁
    Pity, as last years SSGUK was the best fun I’ve had in a long time.

mattbee

Loved last year but working the weekend that’s just been announced so won’t make it this time.

Dickyboy

me & a mate just signed up, he’s doing the full 100 on a Pugsley I believe, me I’ll be suffering on whatever I decide to take

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Tempted, not got the fitness though having not ridden all winter due to my arm 🙁

OTOH 100miles off-road would be a pretty epic training target in under 3 months, and would be a nice baseline for long summer rides.

DrP

Very tempted, but ‘me and my crew’ are doing spin up in a brewery that day…

DrP

nedrapier

Hmmm. Was all set for doing this on the Peregrine, but some long road rides have left me with some shoulder pain. Got some new bars to try, they can go on this evening.

Failing that, I might have to comfy up some with the mtb.

charliedontsurf

Good on ya all.

On Sunday. We pre-rode the southern half (50 miles of route, 10 extra closing the circle) and it was tough, but very do-able, and was my fourth ride of the year! If I had not had a night out the night before I reckon 100 is in no way impossible. The floods have passed and it’s dusty in places.

Some advice: carry a lot of food and water, and read a book called “the compete book of long distance cycling”

There is demand for a 50 mile but wiggle have easy days out. I want this to be a good challenge.

On Saturday there is ss and pubs, on Sunday gravel dash but also ss and pubs. So you ss and pub one day and if you can ride with a hangover ride the dash on Sunday.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Charlies Gravel (d)Rash 100, anyone doing this?’ is closed to new replies.