Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Charlie Kelly's new book is out in September…
  • mcmoonter
    Free Member

…Amazon are taking advance orders. I’ll be in Marin in late September, fingers crossed he’ll sign my copy.

http://www.amazon.com/Fat-Tire-Flyer-Story-Mountainbike/dp/1937715167

Harry_the_Spider

Cheers! On my Christmas list.

zilog6128

There was a thread from the man himself this morning; seems to have disappeared now. It was basically an advert though so fair enough! Had a link to his website which was quite an interesting read.

iain1775
    Free Member
    allthepies
    Free Member

He’ll no doubt pop up soon on this ere very thread 🙂

If he’s not busy shifting pianos.

RepackRider
    Free Member

2retro4u
    Marin County, Cali

If he’s not busy shifting pianos.

Spent the day doing just that. The odd thing is, the fun part of the job is moving pianos. The part I hate is answering the phone, doing the paperwork and dealing with the bills, i.e. everything else. My crew and I are very good at what we do. I don’t know how many people my age get to hear anyone tell them, “You’re amazing.” I hear it several times a week.

Everyone tells us how easy we make it look, grand piano, flight of stairs. Standard response is that it’s our first day, but we watched it on YouTube.

Wait. We ARE on YouTube.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBaBtmp4C6k[/video].

Seven foot Steinway, seven minutes to leave with it.

Piano moving pays pretty well, especially since I rarely work eight hours in a day.

But.

When the book comes out, I am doing something else. Anybody can move pianos. I want to sign books and travel and give speeches and get taken on cool rides on everyone else’s trails while I can still ride a bike. Which is pretty much the life my old mate Gery Fisher has.

I think the story is worthy of a film similar to Lords of Dogtown, with one major difference, none of the mountain bikers is serving a life sentence. A lot more people ride mountain bikes than skate vertical.

My friends and I had one of the greatest bike adventures in the history of bike adventures, although I will concede to Thomas Stevens, who made the first globe circling bike ride, and did it on a penny-farthing, before roads were invented.

I’m the only one who wrote down what we did while we were doing it, and finally it turned out to be a good idea.

oldfart

Thing is Charlie next time your in the UK head down to my neck of the woods , I’d be glad to show you round The Quantocks . I’ve ridden in your backyard so I can guarantee mine won’t be a patch on yours ! Even so more than welcome dude .

noteeth
    Free Member

Looking forward to reading this. 😀

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Charlie Kelly's new book is out in September…’ is closed to new replies.