Viewing 2 posts - 161 through 162 (of 162 total)
  • Charlie Hebdo at it again….
  • gonzy
    Free Member

Taken at face value this sentence makes sense. But thats not what you mean is it?

You actually mean that the people who _drew_ things on paper are at least partly responsible for their own _murders_.

That’s 24 carat victim blaming of the worst possible kind.

I find your post offensive for that reason.

Now, does my offence mean that, by your own standards, you’ll have to be quiet now?
    Or would I have to have an AK-74 and a bronze age morality before your (desperately wonky) (a)moral compass kicked in?

where in my posts have i said that they deserved to die?
    i may not have made my point very clearly but as i have stated everyone is responsible for their own actions…therefore is i drew a cartoon and it offended someone and they attacked me i would have to accept that i take responsibility for offending that person…by the same token if someone offended me with a cartoon and i chose to shoot them then i would have to take responsibility for my actions.

why are you offended by my comments? did i insult you? but it would be ok for me to draw a cartoon taking the piss out of someone as its freedom of speech? but its not ok to criticise someone for drawing a cartoon as it would seem that i am anti-freedom of speech? or is it not ok for me to express my opinions under the freedom of speech?
    it seems you are offended by my comments made under freedom of speech but CH can do what they want and offend whoever they want even though they know their chosen method is inappropriate and tasteless?

Or would I have to have an AK-74 and a bronze age morality

no a new age morality and a drone will do

eat_the_pudding
    Free Member

Gonzy,
    Not actually offended here :O)

I was just using the fact that you seem to think that other peoples degree of offendedness should be a factor in everything everyone else says and trying to express the metaphysical rabbit hole you are circling..

You say “i have stated everyone is responsible for their own actions…therefore is i drew a cartoon and it offended someone and they attacked me i would have to accept that i take responsibility for offending that person”

I still think that means that “You actually mean that the people who _drew_ things on paper are at least partly responsible for their own _murders_.”

And I still think that thats victim blaming nonsense.

Viewing 2 posts - 161 through 162 (of 162 total)

The topic ‘Charlie Hebdo at it again….’ is closed to new replies.