Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)
  • Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts. Any good?
  • Coyote
    Free Member

Nothing wrong with Next shirts. All my work stuff is from them. Fits well and seems to last.

fatmax

Assuming you get them for £25 I think they’re great…huge range of styles, fabrics, collars, sleeve lengths, fits etc. As a lanky 6ft5 that sometimes struggles to find what I want on the high street I think they’re good.
    And I wear them until they wear out…not a set number of times. FFS.

theotherjonv

have worn them for years, but a bit disappointed recently, collars and cuffs (oo-er) seem to have worn through much quicker. So have just bought two M&S ones at a similar price point and will see how they go.

M&S have various cuts too – normal, tailored and slim, and while I’m a slim in CT shirts (which means they aren’t that slim at all) I definitely wasn’t in M&S.

perchypanther
    Free Member

I bemoan the demise of the Portofino Cuff. 🙁

jimdubleyou

I bemoan the demise of the Portofino Cuff.

Gaudy.

perchypanther
    Free Member

Gaudy.

I’m quite the peacock. 🙂

mmannerr

Having bought few CT shirts and M&S shirts but they are very short at hem compared to other brands. CT fit is not too good for me either, I’m flabby middle-aged man and yet slim is too generous at waist.

Stoatsbrother
    Free Member

The decline of Jermyn Street and the buying and devaluing of once great names is sad.

Lewins were mid market and are still ok but not what they were. Fabric went downhill perhaps 10 years ago – still fine for School Shirts.
    New & Lingwood seem now to be a House of Fraser brand.
    Hilditch & Key still ok but wear quite fast.
    Harvie & Hudson seem ok still but some of their thinner plain shirts have not very good cotton. I am using them for the moment.
    Hawes & Curtis – cheap party shirts from the bloke off Dragons Den…
    Pink are just a branding exercise

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Functional, stylish, “disposable”

Kids wore then in 6th form at school, they didn’t like feel on non-iron but cheaper that M&S

TM L better IMO and agree about Pinks, not worth the premium price as the collars are always flaky even back in the 80s!

flange
    Free Member

I like the Charles Tyrwhitt stuff – I buy the non-iron stuff to keep at work and drop at the local cleaners so I don’t have to cart them in on the bike. Agreed on them being a bit hit and miss – the last batch of four I bought, 3 are great and one will crease up just taking it off the hanger. But 4 for £100 is worth having and as mentioned they’ve always got offers on.

I’ve had a few Pink shirts and they’re literally the worst shirts I’ve ever had – I only buy them when I’ve been out on the lash and end up staying over in London (thus needing a clean shirt – they’ll iron them when you buy them if you ask nicely). They end up stinking pretty quickly, they shrink like a mother hubbard in the wash and they crease terribly. I’ll not bother with them again, even though they seem to have about a billion shops in Londres…

footflaps

And I wear them until they wear out…

Likewise, mainly M&S shirts for work (when on site).

benp1

Nearly all my shirts are from Charles Tyrwhitt. ANOTHER catalogue just landed at my desk at work, prepare to be bombarded. How many shirts does one man need?

Since losing weight I’ve changed to extra slim fit shirts, I like them. I’m tall and have long arms, I find M&S/Next etc are rubbish as they generally only do a collar size. Places like Lewin and Tyrwhitt let you spec a collar size, a fit AND sleeve length

I probably have around 20-25 shirts from them

Rockape63
    Free Member

I’ve bought Tyrwhitt shirts since the mid 90’s. They have been good value IMO, but beware the latest super slim shirts which really are super slim! 😮

Ive been bought a few Lewin shirts and one is my fave, great fabric and cut well. It probably cost considerably more though.

duckman

I struggle to imagine how big you would be to NOT buy the slim fit CT ones. Go to shirts for work and having worn steel toecap boots for the first 15 years of my working life, I LIKE wearing shirts with cufflinks. 😀

Lewin slim fit are also good but not as broad across the shoulders imo.

pictonroad

i wear a shirt about 20 times and then it goes to charity; let me know if you want some cast-offs.

Any chance you’re 5’8″ 36″ chest?

I generally buy shirts from a charity shop or the clearance rail of TK Maxx…

(I work for the Government, come on, what do you expect?)

Coyote
    Free Member

M&S/Next etc are rubbish as they generally only do a collar size

Limitations in sizing options does not make a product “rubbish”.

stevious

I’m wearing one now. Nicer fabric than similarly priced shorts from elsewhere. The cut is a bit generous for me – their ‘extra slim’ is just about the baggiest shirt I own.

Viewing 17 posts - 41 through 57 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘Charles Tyrwhitt Shirts. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.