• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Charity Run – Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge – In aid of Bryony Aveyard & Wellchild
  • konaman
    Free Member

Hi Everyone,

Tomorrow (1st May 2010) I am travelling to the Yorkshire Dales to run the Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge in Aid of Bryony Aveyard and Wellchild.

I thought I would take the time to let people know about this event for the charity. I am (supposedly) a young and fit 17 year old but I have not done much training for this at all, not even been cycling in 2 weeks!

I am joining a group of Canoeists and runners from York taking on this challenge. After walking this route last year for sponsorship to help orphans in Africa, I promised myself never to walk it again! And I am sticking to that so far as I am running this year, all 24 miles of it with over 2100m of climbing involved.

Aiming for a 7 hour target instead of 11h41mins walking last year, this is going to be an increadibly tough challenge physically and mentally.

I would hope that the kind cyclists, some who may know how challenging this is, would dig deep into their pockets and give a donation, small or large. You can donate online at http://original.justgiving.com/bryonyaveyard

Remember, if you do donate, to tick the box to allow them to claim gift aid as they can claim an extra 28p from every £1 donated.

Thankyou for your time.
    Shaun Etherington

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Charity Run – Yorkshire 3 Peaks Challenge – In aid of Bryony Aveyard & Wellchild’ is closed to new replies.