Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • CHARITY road bike parts!!! help I need ANYTHING. PLEASE PLEASE
  • dennisrowles2003
    Free Member

All, Im doing a bike ride for charity that has been setup for a friend who died recently.
    The problem is im a mountain biker and don’t have a road bike. However i have managed to get a bike frame and im after bits and bobs to build it up before sept when it takes place. this is were you come in, if anyone has any spare parts for a road bike please can you send them this way, im hoping i don’t have to pay for anything, but im happy to pay postage, PLEASE HELP, THANKS

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

road tyres on your MTB?

crikey
    Free Member

What charity, what ride?

I think a bit more information might help people to decide whether or not they would like to help you.

With internet links too…

yossarian
    Free Member

Why can’t you ride your mountain bike on the road?

colande
    Free Member

i’m doing a charity ride aswell,
    i need some road bike parts anything from 105 above please,
    erm trust me it’s for charity,

in all seriousness
    the details are all a bit sketchy,
    people on here have helped before for a “good cause” only to get their fingers burn’t,
    let us know the event, when, etc etc

edit; if anyone does wanna give me some road sti’s 9sp for free though i’ll happily receive 🙂

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Your forum history isn’t doing you any favours.

dennisrowles2003
    Free Member

Its a shame we live in such a sad world, I’m a but shocked that fellow cyclists think so little about charity. The charity is challenge4ben and us a Manx cycle challenge hence the need for a road bike, my mountain bike with road wheels is not up to this as some stated. It is happening on the 30sept on the isle of man. Just so you know Ben was a friend and a fellow Royal Marine. The bike would if been sold at the end and money put back into the charity however due to the poor outcome morale is now gone and I don’t think I will be taking part, thanks for your support anyway.

wwaswas

due to the poor outcome morale is now gone

So, you post a vague request for a free bike with no real details as to why on a forum you’re not known on, people ask for more detail you decide not to bother with the ride?

Don’t want to stick the boot in but if this guy was your mate shoudln’t you be making a wee bit more effort to carry on?

yossarian
    Free Member

Its a shame we live in such a sad world, I’m a but shocked that fellow cyclists think so little about charity

A quick search of the forum would show you what a load of bollocks this statement is.

If you were really committed to this event you’d do it on your mtb…or borrow a bike…or hire one….

A mate of mine rode London to Paris on an mtb for charity. Didn’t stop her, why are you different?

Poor show, not a fitting tribute to your mate really.

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

As yossarian says – thousands raised on here for charities

MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

I think you’ll find this forum is very generous when it comes to members putting their hands in their pockets.

Just do a search for recent raffles!! Bullheart springs to mind.

As said, your forum history and defeatist attitude isn’t doing you any favours.

Drac

Try going to your local bike shop and ask if they lend you a demo bike for the event, get some promotion in the paper for them in return.

KINGTUT
    Free Member

alfabus
    Free Member

@m_f – he was a buyer on those threads, not a seller.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Oops sorry – comment withdrawn 🙁

Dobbo

😆 a mild piss on the flaming.

cynic-al
    Free Member

OP in “not exatcly determined” shocker! I may have some old stuff.

What’s the event? Not showing up on google for me. I’d be surprised if it was gonna be too difficult on a mtb.

parkesie
    Free Member

Ive done charity rides before for help for heroes royal british legion macmillan cancer nurses and others. Had lots of support from forum members in the form of donations encouragement and riding tips. People on this forum will help just about anyone so long as you dont sound like your taking the piss asking for a moon on a stick for an unnamed charity.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

The isle of man isnt exactly huge for a royal marine to ride around on a mtb. Man up and get some slicks on the thing.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘CHARITY road bike parts!!! help I need ANYTHING. PLEASE PLEASE’ is closed to new replies.