Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Charity pumptrack evening, Edinburgh 8th May.
  • stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve posted a bit about this before but I thought I’d create a separate post as we have things in place. On Friday 8th May from approx 5pm we are going to have our portable pumptrack at Mining Museum. You will be able to have a go on the track, get some tuition and if you’re good hopefully we can have some races too, race your mates, maybe a proper competition, knockout style. Its in aid of Kelseys bike. Kelsey has cerebral palsy and her mum is trying to raise money for a special bike which will help develop her legs. We hope to have other things on the night but until its definite, well you know.

Thanks.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bump it for the evening crowd. No arguing on this one please.

AlasdairMc

I should be game for this. 5pm is a bit early for me, but will head across as soon after work as I can

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

No worries. I want to be set up by then but I reckon we’ll be there until at least 9pm, maybe a bit longer if it’s busy.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

I’ve created an event on our Bike Track People Facebook page for this. Please give it a like and share it around, it’ll be no fun if I’m there on my own.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Two weeks tomorrow people.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Got some great raffle prizes and really hopeful we’ll have some catering too. Should be a really good night.

hels
    Free Member

Hi Steven, I will come and give you a hand if I can !

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cheers, I thought you had keys to collect?

jimmy

I’ll be working ’til 8 probably 🙁

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Just in time for your entry in the Elite races Jim.

debaser

Sounds fun, I’ve never tried riding a pump track.

Would the best plan be to turn up with a BMX, a sense of humour and a pile of money for charity?

AlasdairMc

Good point debaser – is it BYO bike?

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We will have some bikes there. A bmx or jump bike is best, just make sure it is safe, bar end plugs, working brakes etc. If its dry it has the making of a good night. Lots of prizes for the raffle, a new pumptrack with different layout options and hopefully we’ll have food and drink options thanks to Gilliam at the museum. If not the take away on main street is going to be getting a large order for pizzas.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We have a very open sense of humour policy, we’ll laugh at everybody, even GW.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’ll be at a friends 40th sadly.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Bring them along Al, pizza and pumptrack, what more could you want on your birthday.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Haha.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Plus free advice on what you’re doing wrong from GW.

cynic-al
    Free Member

I hope he’s paying to give it out…

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Well it is for charity.

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

We have some catering sorted out so we just need a dry evening and a good turnout from some of you on here. Bit of a Wednesday night not the Bike Chain reunion.

debaser

Great event Steven. Kelsey will be awesome on her new bike, she was tearing up the mining museum carpark in her chair anyway 😀

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Cheers, thanks for coming, sorry it was raining by the time you got on. Pesky kids.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Charity pumptrack evening, Edinburgh 8th May.’ is closed to new replies.