Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Charity NC500 (Shameless begging content)
  • fifeandy
    Free Member

Hi all,

Week beginning Monday 21st August, I will be part of a group undertaking a challenge to cycle the North Coast 500 route, and now has come the time to pester friends, family, colleagues and internet strangers for donations.

The trip will be 516 miles, and 35,000ft of climbing to be completed in 5 days.
    During the trip we’ll be visiting the four lifeboat stations found on the route for some publicity/photo opportunities (and hopefully a cuppa!)

The group is a mixture of young/old, experienced/inexperienced.
    We’ve had a mixed year trying to prepare, and have had the excitement of new bikes for some, a few minor crashes and a major back surgery!
    However we are now all really looking forward to what I’m sure will be a challenging, but enjoyable trip.

We are doing this on behalf of The Lifeboat Fund, who fund new lifeboats, equipment and crew training for the RNLI
    http://www.thelifeboatfund.org.uk/about-us

So I’d like to take this opportunity to say “Please sponsor me”.
    Our JustGiving page can be found here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/dpc-nc500

Andy

fifeandy
    Free Member

A little bump.
    Getting my packing done this morning ready to travel up to Inverness tomorrow. I either need a bigger suitcase or less cycling kit!

Weather is looking a bit mixed, but an unexpected tailwind forecast for day1 which i’ll gladly take.

Will try to do a bit of a write up and post a few photo’s when i’m back.

thorpie
    Free Member

Good luck, I did it in April. It took me 7 days although I was wildcamping and carrying all my food and kit! I managed to raise £1500 for cancer research. I had some particularly wet weather at times, which was challenging to say the least, and the entire East Coast stretch back down to Inverness was a headwind all the way. I’d still do it again mind, with a few changes to the route.
    Trevor.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    AlasdairMc

Good luck! I did it last September and really enjoyed it. Lots of ‘wow’ moments on the very top coast.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Charity NC500 (Shameless begging content)’ is closed to new replies.