Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • charity bike ride(cheap bike or borrow)
  • mushieypea
    Free Member

Doing London to Paris bike ride in aide of St gemmas hospice Leeds.don’t know if I’ve bitten to much off as I’m doing it on a mountain bike.is their a cheap road bike out there or a possible borrow.I’m 6.2,please help.

dannybgoode

Can’t help you with the bike but I’ve done the L2P charity ride and its eminently doable.

The support riders make sure everyone is going at a pace they’re comfortable with, put on great food stops etc.

When I did it there were people of all abilities on all kinds of bikes and everyone made it.

All in all a fantastic experience – enjoy….

Cheers

Danny B

garage-dweller

Get some slicks and I might be tempted to pop a 46 or 48 outer and 34-36 middle to gear up a smidge for any long flat bits.

mushieypea
    Free Member

Thanks danny for the advice,I’m probably just panicking a little all will be well

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Depends what the pace of the ride is, but I wouldn’t fancy fairly long days in the saddle on 26in wheels with slicks. Also, when I was using 1″ slicks on the mtb, I only had to look at a pothole and it would puncture.

What do you class as ‘cheap’?

Decathlon Triban 3 / Viking Roma / Carrera road bikes are available around the £300 mark and will be lighter and more suitable than even a fairly well spec’d mtb.

dantsw13

Personally, I’d buy cheap 2nd hand, then sell on afterwards (or keep if you get the bug!!)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘charity bike ride(cheap bike or borrow)’ is closed to new replies.