Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Chariots of Fire
  • MSP

On the BBC its saying its getting a cinema release to coincide with the Olympics, and I thought I would love to watch it in the cinema.

Why is it such a good film? I mean I love it watched it loads of times and it always brings a smile to my face.

If you analyse it, the acting is nothing special, some of its pretty hammy and crap, the scriptwriting is very “costume drama” stuffy and lacks realism, I don’t connect with any of the characters, and although the music has become quite iconic, its actually pretty awful. Yet somehow the sum of all the rather crappy parts is actually one of my favourite films.

mcmoonter
    Free Member

My mum had a period clothes shop in Edinburgh while it was being filmed. The wardrobe dept bought a lot of the costumes from her. They invited us all up to Goldenacre to be extras in the scene where Liddle falls, then recovers to win the race.

It was in the middle of my exams so I missed out, but our whole extended family got dressed up and were filmed in close up.

It’s still a hugely engaging film.

bloodynora
    Free Member

Greatest movie intro of all time??

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Greatest movie intro of all time??

Always gets a laugh when shown in Scotland.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-7Vu7cqB20[/video]

bobbyg81
    Free Member

My old boss was one of the runners in the opening scene!

He told everyone and their dug!

mefty
    Free Member

My brother was up at Cambridge when it was shot, he have a conflict so couldn’t be in it but many friends and acquaintances were as extras including I believe Derek Pringle who of course played cricket for England and is now the Telegraph cricket correspondent.

bobbyg81
    Free Member

The opening scene was in St Andrews I think.

mefty
    Free Member

extended family got dressed up and were filmed in close up.

It’s still a hugely engaging film

Despite your family being in it?

mcmoonter
    Free Member

Despite your family being in it?

Aye

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Chariots of Fire’ is closed to new replies.