Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Chariot trailer + 12mm Maxle – possible?
  • molgrips
    Free Member

Anyone got any ideas? Wondering if I can tow the trailer on my Patriot which has a 12mm Maxle on the back. Can I temporarily convert the Maxle to QR maybe?

SammyC
    Free Member

i was looking at this on my Pat the other day, I reckon you could ream out the chariot bracket hole so that it fitted over the Maxle but then would you trust it not to snap?

molgrips
    Free Member

I just thought of that. I would trust it I think – it seems pretty overbuilt. Question is, would the maxle washer fit in the recess designed for the washer on the Chariot skewer? I'm thinking maybe get a spare hitch and modify one.

SammyC
    Free Member

I don't think the Maxle would be 'in' properly anyway so the fact that it would be an extra .5mm proud would be nothing compared to the fact that it would be the 5-6mm proud because of the bracket.

My concern is that the QR end of the Maxle is designed to expand to lock into the body of the swingarm, and I would be concerned about that cracking the cast alu of the bracket.

molgrips
    Free Member

Oh I see. Well, doesn't the inner part of the maxle unscrew somewhat, thereby revealing a bit of axle beyond the expandy bit?

Haven't looked at it of course, I'll have to go tonight and check..

SammyC
    Free Member

I don't think so, not on the rear Maxle. The front and rear Maxles are a bit different in design and action IIRC.

I look forward to your thoughts tomorrow! 🙂

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah, I'll end up gluing the thing to the swingarm probably 😉

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Chariot trailer + 12mm Maxle – possible?’ is closed to new replies.