Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Charger Damper Upgrade Oil Weight Question
  • gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Got a boxxer charger upgrade for my 2010 boxxers for xmas of the good mrs.

On the old motion control you had to put 15wt oil in the lower legs, 40ml in the spring side and 10ml in the damper side.

On the new charger you put 10ml 0w30 oil in the lower damper side but can’t find any information re. the spring side? Do I keep putting the 15wt oil in as per the 2010 manual or do I put 0w30 in as per 2014 manual?

PaulGillespie
    Free Member

The lowers require oil just to lubricate the seals. Upgrading to the charger damper shouldn’t make any difference the lubing the lowers, just do what you normally do.

Post back and let me know what you think of the upgrade. Was toying with the idea myself for my r2c2 boxxers but decided to get some marzocchi 380s instead.

gavjackson1984
    Free Member

Cheers, I’ll just stick to what I’d normally do then. I may try contact sram for confirmation.
    Yes ill let you know, I’m hoping it will be a big improvement on the original rc.

SirHC

Do as you were doing before. I use TF’s lower lube mix as have half a litre of it, although will enquire if I can use the 0w30 that I use in my Pikes.

Its also worth while using the racing brothers seals, reduces the stiction a lot. Service life isnt as long which is the only downside, but a lower leg service is easy.

The charger damper is a massive improvement over the team internals, I’d fitted a pike to my trail bike back in the summer, which was a big improvement over the revelation. The boxxer felt horribly after riding the pike for a bit, would spike, dive and feel odd.

With the charger damper the boxxer rides much higher in its stroke, I’ve dropped from a hard spring back to a medium. There is less arm pump on long runs, more traction and more confidence in the front end of the bike.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Charger Damper Upgrade Oil Weight Question’ is closed to new replies.