Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Charge stopped making saddles?
  • matther01
    Free Member

Been looking for an all black cromo scoop for ages, but hardly anyone has them. Spoke to a few shops and they’ve said they’re being discontinued.

Now just come across an article stating that Charge saddles will be made under the name Fabric.

One of their new saddles even looks like some kind of Nike airmax thing?!

wiggles
    Free Member

All black one was limited edition ‘stealth’ model

njee20
    Free Member

The Fabric saddles look amazing, one was developed in conjunction with Airbus, 3D printed rails and what not.

I’d be amazed if the Spoon and Scoop etc don’t make the new range.

matther01
    Free Member

Just seen the STW news page where this was all news in July. 3 different models of scoop…with different rail types too!

deadkenny
    Free Member

Would be crazy to drop the Spoon. Unless it’s not making money for them or the retailers being they’re so cheap and so damn good. Surely must be with the volumes being sold though.

matther01
    Free Member

No spoon in the line up. Scoop, Line, Cell and ALM.

Lummox

If I’m honest a wish the spoon was still the main saddle and the scoop disappeared, no where near as comfy as my spoons. Think I’ll be searching out some Madison flux’s

neilm
    Free Member

I have both Spoon’s and Flux and there is no real difference in shape, but I think the Flux has slightly better padding.

grenosteve
    Free Member

I think the issue with spoons is they are so tough, they last years. Mines 5 years old now, and it’s got another 5 in it I’d guess.

But yea, The Spoon is an awesome saddle.

akak
    Free Member

I think fabric is just the high end brand and charge will continue as before.

rj
    Free Member

Obviously just me; I get about a year from a spoon before the stitching at the front goes.

zilog6128

Charge Spoon cromo & Ti are still on sale at Rutland Cycles if anyone wants to pick one up cheap.

leythervegas
    Free Member

I just picked up a stealth black spoon from leisure lakes. Also there an all black scoop on for sale section now.

Northwind

You can get the same saddle with detail differences elsewhere- Gusset R and is it the Madison Flux? And another whose name I forget.

The Gusset R is the best saddle ever made.

ashchargebikes
    Free Member

Hi all,
    probably best that i clarify the situation here at Charge HQ.

We have indeed started a new brand and it is called Fabric, as previously mentioned by Matther.
    This new brand has inherited the Scoop model from Charge and we have launched 2 new profiles of Scoop to fulfill more riding styles. So the Scoop model remains, just under the new brand name.

Charge saddles remain a real focus point for us and all stitched pattern saddles will remain as Charge and by no means is the Spoon going away.
    We have 2 new ‘camo’ Spoon saddles for 2015 and we are working on new stuff at this very moment so watch this space.

Hope that clears things up a little

Ash

ashchargebikes
    Free Member

Matther01…
    If you want the Fabric equivalent of the Charge Scoop you need to look for a ‘Scoop Radius’.

AC

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Charge stopped making saddles?’ is closed to new replies.