Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Charge Steamer – possible bargain at Evans
  • Dangerboy
    Free Member

So, I’m toying with the idea of building up a cruiser (using a £40 aluminium frame from ebay – the ones with curved top tube/seat tubes). I’m doing this to distract myself from a Kona Ute, which I find myself inexplicably excited by.

Anyway, Evans are doing the 2010 Charge Steamer for £250 at the moment, which appears to be literally half the price of anywhere else.

It’s not where nearly as pretty as the Ute or the cheapo frame/build I’ve got my eye on, but I thought it might interest someone on here?

Blurb says this:
    The Charge Steamer 2010 Hybrid Bike comes with an alloy frame with integrated rack, Chromoly curved blade, hub brake mount Forks and a Sturmey Archer XL RD3, 3 speed, 90mm drum brake integrated hub.

dirtbiker100
    Free Member

now that is tempting…
    could you easily get panniers for the back?

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Dangerboy is that the silver bankrupt £40 frame?

BigDummy
    Free Member

Save for a Ute. Cargo bikes are absolutely awesome, cheap cruisers are merely satisfactory. 🙂

toys19
    Free Member

Get the ute, I was dead excited by mine , and still love it to bits.
    It’s actually best on family ride outs, carrying huge picnics, the likeabike, spare clothes and some shopping on the way home.

Dangerboy
    Free Member

catflees – it is. Someone posted an amazing DIY cafe racer-style project and I’ve fancied a go at building something around one of those frames ever since. They’re lighter than an inbred too!

Jimalmighty
    Free Member

Its £250??
    Get it!

wwaswas

Ok, so I’ve now got to explain to my wife why buying another bike was a good idea.

Or do I just put it in the garage and hope the kids don’t tell…

King-ocelot
    Free Member

Dangerboy, I’ve seen them on eBay and fancied having a build too. I’ve seen a few cruiser style bikes round city here, it looks fun. Do you have a link to the built up one? I’d like to see some photos of it.

Coleman
    Free Member

That Steamer looks a real bargain.

At that price I would be seriously tempted, but got this last year to ride to work over the summer months. In fact rode to work on it today seeing as it’s a sunny day. Probably look a right pratt on it, but it’s fun, so don’t really care.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Charge Steamer – possible bargain at Evans’ is closed to new replies.