Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Charge Spoons and the case of the abrasive (?) barse.
  • munkster
    Free Member

Does anyone else’s Charge Spoons lose their outer “membrane” (for want of a better word) like this?

I didn’t think I ground away quite that much on the saddle and this happened to my Charge Knife before it too. Hard to say how long this saddle has been in use but a good few thousand km’s.

Is it a case of “they’re cheap, just buy another” or is there something wrong here?

All yours, comedians of STW 😉

Poopscoop

Nope, never had that and I’ve used a few spoons.

munkster
    Free Member

Yep, me too. I am wondering if I’m a bit too generous with the minty arse lard and it’s seeped through and got the saddle a bit too “moist”, so to speak.

Murray

Nope, but one did wear a hole in my shorts

thomthumb
    Free Member

nope. I’ve got a few and put decent miles on them. one of mine has at over 10000km on it.

NormalMan

Had a few. 1 has been a 4 bikes IIRC. Not had that happen. In fact I’ve only damaged 1 by hitting it onto a tree, but that’s another story!

survivor

That’s obvious signs of stinky bot rash….

Get a wash……

greyspoke
    Free Member

Better it happens to the saddle’s membrane than your’s I suppose.

sirromj

Daily commute looks like this after 2 years 3 months

But no to the rubber johnny effect.

BlobOnAStick

^^bloody hell! Don’t think I could sit on a rotten fence rail for my commute 😆

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

I’ve had a couple of the black ones go like that… I’ve got an earlier brown one that seems to be indestructible.

mattyfez

That’s a very Erm… Unique wear pattern. 😯

Has the saddle been modified for the weekend sir?

scotroutes

Nah – stitching is the first thing to go.

binners

Get yourself a Madison Flux. Same shape as the spoon but seem to be more durable and last a lot longer

mattyfez

I’ve had a flux and a carrera saddle, which are exactly the same, the only visible wear on them after similar milage was on the edges. someone has glued a sex toy to your saddle. Said sex toy has subsequently been removed. That’s the only rational explanation.

belugabob
    Free Member

I’ve had two wear in a similar fashion to sirromj’s, but above the logo.
    I’ve come to the conclusion that it’s due to the position of the seams on my shorts, my sitting position, and the amount of mud on my shorts.
    As per other posts, I’ve started using the Madison Flux, as it’s cheap, the same (comfy) shape, but seems harder wearing. Even put one on my road bike.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Not sure what sort of bacteria the OP has growing in his crotch, but if it can do that to a saddle someone needs to get him in quarantine asap!

medlow
    Free Member

Never happened to either of my spoons..
    A black one and a brown one.

Looks like a bad case of arse rot which has transferred to the saddle.. Call the docs.

munkster
    Free Member

You guys… 😉

Maybe I’ll switch to the Madison Flux next time then. And have a wash, apparently 😯 🙄 🙂

Cheezpleez

Rubber band tight round your deelyboppers till they blacken and drop off. Hey presto! No more unwanted wear.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Charge Spoons and the case of the abrasive (?) barse.’ is closed to new replies.