Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Charge Spoon with a hole in it?
  • sirromj

What saddles are there with a similar Charge Spoon shape and have a hole in them?

I used to have a comfy Selle Italia but it needed replacing. I then got an expensive Selle Italia but eventually realized it was all pain and no gain – shape was totally wrong.

Any recommendations?

scotroutes

Specialized Alias /Avatar /Toupe in 143mm width are very similar. I use them or Spoons.

akak
    Free Member

You want one of these don’t you? http://fabric.cc/shop/saddles/line/

sirromj

@akak hole wanted for air flow as well as relieving perenium pressure.

I think it was the “Selle Italia Max SLR Gel Flow” I had, very flat, the inner edges around the hole were what caused all the discomfort for me, they felt really hard edged.

alanf
    Free Member

SDG circuit?

EDIT: Looks like they’ve done away with the cutout now..

butcher

Fizik Aliante Versus is not massively dissimilar. That’s what I swapped my Spoon for.

sirromj

Anyone tried one of these PRO Condor £49.99
    http://www.madison.co.uk/products/cycling/components-hardware/saddles/condor-saddle-crmo-rails-142-mm-wide-anatomic-fit-black/
    Looks like pretty much what I’m after.

sirromj

“Selle Italia Novus Flow” looks another possible candidate.

The bike snob in me would prefer it to the PRO Condor… but after my last experience with the very flat & ball crunching MAX SLR Gel Flow…

Are there any Selle ID match estimation guides around?

garlic
    Free Member

Have a look at the Specialized Romin Evo. Most comfortable, light and well made saddle I’ve owned. It’s marketed as a road saddle but I find it comfy for off road use, also free of shorts destroying stitching.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Charge Spoon with a hole in it?’ is closed to new replies.