Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Charge spoon v knife saddle?
  • guybe
    Free Member

What is the difference between Charge spoon and knife saddle?

Anyone tried both and which is better and more comfy?

Cheers

theotherjonv

I've tried both and prefer the Spoon. Still have the Ti railed Knife in the garage, but it's a bit slimline and unpadded for my sort of arse.

I sold it once on here and had it returned cos the rails are 'bent' (I'm actually not sure on that, since they both have exactly the same bend, or whether it was built like that) You have to hold them up to a straight edge to see it, it's so slight. You can have it for a tenner if you want to try it?

warpcow
    Free Member

I think they both use the same shape, it's mainly just a case of padding. I have a Spoon that, from the first ride, has been perfect for me. I guess it's very much a personal thing though.

The claimed weights for Charge saddles seem to be way off btw (if that is a factor in your decision). My Cro-mo Spoon is 304g compared to the claimed weight of 250-something. Excellent vfm though.

doug_basqueMTB.com

I´ve not tried the knife but have recently put a spoon on my bike. I´m getting on really well with it and have spend a lot of time sitting on it over the last few weeks. It´s the brown one I´ve got and it´s not got a mark on it either which is better than previous saddles. I´ll be putting one on the other bike shortly.

Reluctant
    Free Member

I've never used a Spoon, but it's reputation is great. I've had a Knife since january. After years of riding Flites, I'm finding it just fine, it's a similar shape and fits my skinny butt very well. Build quality seems pretty good and the price is right. I'd take up jonv's kind offer and give it a go 8)

theotherjonv

you see, looking at that pic I wouldn't swear there isn't a slight bend to the rails? Mine is no different to that, but it doesn't suit my arse (whereas I love the Spoon) so the offer stands – and I've seen an offer for it on email already.

It's white, BTW, and the cosmetic condition is virtually immaculate. Tiny bit of rub to the stitching.

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

JonV, I'd be interested if the OP isn't, cheers James

theotherjonv

OP, are you Tony? If not, Tony has made first offer. After that it's the OP, after that James.

Northwind

I love the Knife, but then I have a compact derriere 😉 Spoon is a great saddle but it's a little bigger and the shape doesn't fit me quite as well. I have a feeling the Knife could be a torture device for anyone not just the right shape though.

guybe
    Free Member

Thanks guys for the info, look like Spoon is more comfy and the knife is more like the flite which I didnt get on well years ago.

@theotherjonv, thanks for the offer, please sell on whoever want to buy it.

Cheers all

theotherjonv

guybe, are you tony then?

guybe
    Free Member

@theotherjonv, I am not Tony.

Cheers

theotherjonv

OK, seeing as 'Tony' leapt in by email and then hasn't answered to my response, I'll give him another hour or so and if no response then, it's over to James.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Charge spoon v knife saddle?’ is closed to new replies.