Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Charge Spoon Saddles… Who makes them, and what else do they make similar?
  • mboy
    Free Member

I know the Charge Spoon saddle is made for Charge by a big saddle manufacturer, presumably in the far east, but who is it, and what else do they make similar?

I ask, cos I am a fan of the Spoon saddle (though it could flex slightly more), but I have sat in front of me a Bontrager Race Light saddle (think it's off a 2008 Trek Fuel EX) with ti rails, and a synthetic leather cover, and whilst it is subtly different, the overall shape looks pretty much bang on the same as the Spoon… Even underneath all the details look almost identical! But on both, there is no signs of any manufacturer's name…

takisawa2

The Spoon is made by Velo, who make saddles & grips for a good few manufacturers, so there's a pretty good chance your Bonty came from the same factory.

GW
    Free Member

it clearly says VELO on the plastic underneath

mboy
    Free Member

it clearly says VELO on the plastic underneath

Fair enough, must say I can't see it in this pic though…

julianwilson
    Free Member

there was another saddle (Gusset IIRC) in an MBUK grouptest that looked absolutely identical to the spoon, just with some wierd tartan trim on it. I think it may have scored better than the spoon despite being the same price and looking funny….

Brother_Will
    Free Member

Do you mean this one?

Gusset Saddle

julianwilson
    Free Member

yes, that's the fella. The tartan and lepoardskin ones look bang on but the other three don't.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Charge Spoon Saddles… Who makes them, and what else do they make similar?’ is closed to new replies.